: The Bose system in my '10 Escalade is really lacking. What options are there?

2kflhr
06-01-13, 11:46 PM
First of all I'm not a music connoisseur by any means and do like Bose as I have a pair connected to my home stereo and a Bose Wave radio in the bedroom as well, and like them. However, the Bose system in my '97 Eldorado is decent but the Bose system in my Escalade reminds me of the 70's when I had an AM to FM adapter and a Craig Mini 8 track connected to a set of "Bass 48" rear deck mount speakers. The Bose system in my Escalade has no highs, no mids and minimal lows. I've tried adjusting and still cant get a decent sound. I have a 2012 F-150 company truck that puts this Bose Premium Sound to shame. I've searched and read thread after thread and still have not found what can be done to improve the sound and still retain the HU/Nav system. So what can be done?

Rich08
06-02-13, 03:44 AM
There's many options depending how much you want to spend, they sell accessories that retain the oem head unit if you just want to upgrade sound. I will do this for my ext in a couple months. JL Audio, Alpine sell processors that plug into the head unit. Check this link http://jlaudio-mobile.shptron.com/c/mobile-audio_oem-interface_oem-integration

2kflhr
06-02-13, 11:41 AM
There's many options depending how much you want to spend, they sell accessories that retain the oem head unit if you just want to upgrade sound. I will do this for my ext in a couple months. JL Audio, Alpine sell processors that plug into the head unit. Check this link http://jlaudio-mobile.shptron.com/c/mobile-audio_oem-interface_oem-integration Thanks for the info. In my Yukon I replaced the OEM speakers with Kenwood Premiers and added a 500w amp with two 12" P2's in an enclosure and it sounded good to me. I realize the Bose is a totally different configuration and really don't want to go the enclosure route and lose that storage space but it really needs waking up. I think I'll go by the local Auto stereo store that I've been dealing with over the years and see what they suggest.

Punmax
06-03-13, 05:34 AM
I have my treble set to max, and mid/bass is set at half. Sounds pretty good, but then, I'm not an audiophile.

gdirty5
06-03-13, 07:12 AM
yea there's a lot left to be desired. I have my treble set to max also. And added a kicker solobaric and JL500/1 amp to the car, amp mounted under my 2nd row seat, and sub is down firing in between the second row seats.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-03-13, 11:39 AM
First of all I'm not a music connoisseur by any means and do like Bose as I have a pair connected to my home stereo and a Bose Wave radio in the bedroom as well, and like them. However, the Bose system in my '97 Eldorado is decent but the Bose system in my Escalade reminds me of the 70's when I had an AM to FM adapter and a Craig Mini 8 track connected to a set of "Bass 48" rear deck mount speakers. The Bose system in my Escalade has no highs, no mids and minimal lows. I've tried adjusting and still cant get a decent sound. I have a 2012 F-150 company truck that puts this Bose Premium Sound to shame. I've searched and read thread after thread and still have not found what can be done to improve the sound and still retain the HU/Nav system. So what can be done?

Hello Dennis,

I see you are not happy with the sound system in your Escalade. I am sorry it is not producing a decent sound for you. I read you are thinking of taking it to an Auto stereo store to discuss alternative options. Please keep me updated on this concern and reach out to me via private message if you would like to discuss anything.

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

corvette00
06-06-13, 10:51 AM
I agree, the Bose system sounds like is is lacking power. Reminds me of watching an episode of the Sapranos, they were riding in an Esacalade Ext and the comment was made that the stereo had no balls.

FlipEXT
06-06-13, 04:28 PM
I really don't get it. I had a Range Rover Sport with the Bose premium sound system and it had great sound. I was blown away with the amount of both high output as well as the bass this SUV had. In my EXT I am been nothing but disappointed with the quality of my factory sound system. I have recently added some subs for some extra bass but it has done nothing but force me to look at now upgrading all the interior speakers. SMH....more money down the drain..

2kflhr
06-08-13, 05:05 PM
I've been a long time customer of Freeman's Car Stereo Audio. I stopped by and talked to them today about the Escalade. Per our conversation it seems I'm not the only GM owner with the Bose system around here that is unhappy. Retail quote to get it right would be in the $3k range. Being I'm a long time customer I can get it somewhat cheaper but this is ludicrous to have to spend that much money to get some good sound and still retain the original HU. Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking Freeman's by any means, it's GM that installed such an inferior system and yet claim it to be the Cat's Meow. Rich08, thanks for the info. this is what my stereo guy suggested.

gdirty5
06-08-13, 05:12 PM
I think the positioning of the front speakers is one reason why it sucks so bad. With how tall the center console is and all the things like our legs getting in the way muddles the sound. Raising the speaker higher on the door and a center channel speaker kinda like what Audi offers would be nice.

2kflhr
06-08-13, 07:58 PM
I think the positioning of the front speakers is one reason why it sucks so bad. With how tall the center console is and all the things like our legs getting in the way muddles the sound. Raising the speaker higher on the door and a center channel speaker kinda like what Audi offers would be nice. One thing that was mentioned was the poor placement of the rear door speakers. That they were in a bad spot to hear them well from the front seats. He also said you could just add a processor, an amp and replace the front speakers and leave the rear speakers alone to save some bucks but you wouldn't get as good a results without also replacing the rears. I personally prefer more power coming from the rear than the the majority coming from the front hitting me in the face.

Rich08
06-08-13, 10:34 PM
I've been a long time customer of Freeman's Car Stereo Audio. I stopped by and talked to them today about the Escalade. Per our conversation it seems I'm not the only GM owner with the Bose system around here that is unhappy. Retail quote to get it right would be in the $3k range. Being I'm a long time customer I can get it somewhat cheaper but this is ludicrous to have to spend that much money to get some good sound and still retain the original HU. Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking Freeman's by any means, it's GM that installed such an inferior system and yet claim it to be the Cat's Meow. Rich08, thanks for the info. this is what my stereo guy suggested.

Yea no problem. My local audio shops have told me around 6 to 7k for JL audios top of the line speakers, amps, tweeters, speaker components, and a JL midgate stealth box with 2 12w6v2 subs, and install. I did a full JL audio set up in my Harley Davidson f-150 for 4k including an alpine w900, and 2 JL slash v2 amps plus steath box last year and like the way it turned out and will also do an upgrade on my ext in a couple months.

2kflhr
06-08-13, 11:16 PM
Yea no problem. My local audio shops have told me around 6 to 7k for JL audios top of the line speakers, amps, tweeters, speaker components, and a JL midgate stealth box with 2 12w6v2 subs, and install. I did a full JL audio set up in my Harley Davidson f-150 for 4k including an alpine w900, and 2 JL slash v2 amps plus steath box last year and like the way it turned out and will also do an upgrade on my ext in a couple months. My guy was talking about the JL woofer to replace the Bose console woofer but not sure what he had in mind for the other speakers.

2kflhr
01-25-14, 01:02 PM
Deleted