: The commercial everybody talks about

D148L0
01-25-05, 04:51 PM
Big fuss, being politically incorrect.
I think it's hilarious.

http://www.boreme.com/bm/JAN05/a/vw-suicide-bomber/fr.htm

RBraczyk
01-25-05, 05:30 PM
Thats amazing, I don't see what kind of problems people have with that type of humor.

Kels55
01-25-05, 05:45 PM
Thats amazing, I don't see what kind of problems people have with that type of humor.

I think that it is funny, but people, and their families, that have been effected by terrorism and the conflicts in Israel will find it offensive.

Personally I think that too many of the Jewish/Catholic/other religious leaders take things too seriously. Being "Politically Correct" doesn't mean that everything should be censored. It just shouldn't be directed at those it might offend, but not erased from existence altogether.

c5 rv
01-25-05, 09:39 PM
Well, that's in pretty bad taste.

haymaker
01-25-05, 10:21 PM
That was the funniest thing I have seen in a long time.

Jesda
01-26-05, 01:38 AM
Completely tasteless, and the funniest thing EVER!

Sandy
01-26-05, 08:39 AM
Stupid, tastless & definately NOT funny. Johnny Carson was funny. This is NOT funny.

caddydaddy
01-26-05, 09:50 AM
Not PC, but funny! LOL!

HotRodSaint
01-26-05, 12:51 PM
It's be funny ONLY if the actor was a real Hamas recruit and the commercial was replayed over and over in the Philistia territories. :lildevil:

HotRodSaint
01-26-05, 02:52 PM
Maybe VW should make a commercial showing tourists in Thailand renting a Polo and then floating to saftey after the huge Tsunami hits!

Dadillac
01-26-05, 06:26 PM
I'm not smiling.

Don

HotRodSaint
01-28-05, 03:07 PM
Volkswagen Files Complaint Over Spoof Internet Ad (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=582&e=1&u=/nm/20050128/wr_nm/autos_volkswagen_ad_dc)

Volkswagen AG has filed criminal charges over a spoof advertisement for its Polo small car that has been circulating on the Internet, Europe's biggest carmaker said on Friday.

The so-called viral ad -- unauthorized by Volkswagen or its advertising agencies -- shows a suicide bomber detonating his explosives in a Polo parked outside a busy cafe, only to have the car absorb the blast.

The 20-second spot ends with the Volkswagen logo and the Polo's actual advertising motto: Small but Tough.

Now that is funny. Hundreds of thousands of supposedly smart people, were duped into thinking this was real! :histeric:

D148L0
01-28-05, 03:17 PM
Now that is funny. Hundreds of thousands of supposedly smart people, were duped into thinking this was real! :histeric:
I don't think there were too many.
The vast majority of sites hosting the video made clear that it was a spoof.

Katshot
01-28-05, 03:25 PM
That's one of those "what were they thinking?" things for sure.

Jesda
01-29-05, 01:06 AM
Its comedic because it makes fun of jerks who hurt people. Its funny to make fun of BAD PEOPLE! A tsunami isnt an antagonist. Thats a silly comparison.

HotRodSaint
01-29-05, 11:25 AM
Its comedic because it makes fun of jerks who hurt people. Its funny to make fun of BAD PEOPLE! A tsunami isnt an antagonist. Thats a silly comparison.

I made that comparison when I thought it was an actual VW commercial.
(Neither the poster, nor his link stated it was a hoax. I found that out on my own later.)

In that frame of mind, I viewed VW as making light of personal tragedy.

So while silly was my intent, it's because I viewed this as a silly VW commercial and not a spoof.

ShadowLvr400
01-29-05, 01:15 PM
Even though it's a spoof, it's still a funny ad. I like it. But, I have a dark sense of humor.

JDelorean_srx
01-29-05, 02:16 PM
That wasn't a bomb being detonated.
It was the anti- BO system being engaged, that was a valet returning the car for a customer, and the smart people at vw didn't want to have happen as happened to jerry seinfeld, in one of his episodes.

besides, what terrorist ever uses a late model car? :drinker