: Throttle Position Sensor relearn

Jimbad
01-25-05, 01:48 PM
Hello. I want to perform a throttle position sensor relearn but I am stymied but one thing: The manual gives step-by-step instructions, one of which to "enter diagnostics". Exactly what does that mean? Thanks,Jim

BeelzeBob
01-25-05, 02:02 PM
Hello. I want to perform a throttle position sensor relearn but I am stymied but one thing: The manual gives step-by-step instructions, one of which to "enter diagnostics". Exactly what does that mean? Thanks,Jim

You enter the onboard diagnostics mode by turning on the key and simultaneously pressing and holding the OFF and WARMER buttons on the climate control panel until the onboard diagnostics activates.

Jimbad
01-25-05, 07:49 PM
Thanks, bbobynski,
That's what I thought that it meant but I wanted to be sure. It is a pleasure to get a "personal" reply from you since I have been admiring your knowledge for some time. You are a font of information and you are very willing to share it.

BeelzeBob
01-25-05, 11:29 PM
You are welcome.

Usually, on a 93, you can just replace the TPS and drive away. The TPS is self learning so it will learn on it's own with a few key on/key off cycles and a short drive.

If you replaced the TPS you might also want to clean the throttle body to eliminate any deposits around the blade on the bore so that the idle learn values can "start over" from a clean throttle body baseline. When you do clean it , disconnect the battery negative terminal for 60 seconds.