: Speed of Escalade at idle with transmission in 'Drive'

Vivid-Black
06-01-13, 06:56 AM
Hi

I'm hoping from some help from our group in answering a question. The question is this:

"How fast does your Escalade go if the engine is left idling and the transmission in 'Drive' and you release your foot from the Brake?" (i.e. Rate of Speed achieved without any input to the Accelerator?)

Assumptions are: flat ground; 'normal' pavement; cool temperature (43 Fahrenheit or 6 Celsius); vehicle has already been running for about 10 minutes; engine is mechanically sound and idle is set to the manufacturers stock specifications.

Please test this out and let your findings and your thoughts.....

Thanks!

stan stewart
06-01-13, 11:00 AM
mine idles around 600 rpm.

blackex
06-01-13, 12:39 PM
I would assume 10mph on a flat road at idle, if that answers your question?

Rich08
06-01-13, 01:54 PM
My ext sits a 600 rpm and moves 6-8 mph. I never have to accelerate to back out, it's crazy I have a Harley f-150 supercharged and that barely moves.

Vivid-Black
06-01-13, 04:30 PM
Hi

Thanks for the message. So, is that 6-8 mph in reverse or forward? The gearing would be different and thus the speed should be different at the same idling rpms. Please check forward. Thansk

Rich08
06-02-13, 02:50 AM
Hi

Thanks for the message. So, is that 6-8 mph in reverse or forward? The gearing would be different and thus the speed should be different at the same idling rpms. Please check forward. Thansk

I get 6 forward 8 in reverse, when I first got my truck I thought this was abnormal, but dealership said everything was in top shape. I personal like it because it makes my truck feel like a BEAST.