: Black Wagon with Dipped Wheels, Grilles, Etc...

Hyphymikey
05-31-13, 10:05 PM
Plasti-dipped my wheels and all my chrome trim/fogs on my 2010 Performance Wagon. Had her about 2 weeks and loving it!

EVH5150
06-01-13, 05:44 AM
Love the stealth look!!! Also, CTS wagons are pimp!
Plasti-dipped my wheels and all my chrome trim/fogs on my 2010 Performance Wagon. Had her about 2 weeks and loving it!

C "T" ess
06-01-13, 12:14 PM
looks great. Maybe consider the eyelids mentioned in an earlier post. They would add an absolutely gorgeous addition.

Hyphymikey
06-05-13, 01:06 AM
looks great. Maybe consider the eyelids mentioned in an earlier post. They would add an absolutely gorgeous addition.

Should have some on, new "gray scale" emblems, and painted calipers by the end of the week! I'll post new pics.

hauler
06-13-13, 01:06 PM
Very nice! How do the wheels and grille hold up against stone chips?

tinman
06-15-13, 02:20 PM
Nicely murdered.

Hyphymikey
06-23-13, 09:25 PM
Very nice! How do the wheels and grille hold up against stone chips?

So far so good! I put it on pretty thick so it should hold up great.

----------

Completed a few more mods this week:

-Added another 35% tint on top of original tint ($70)
-Gray scale emblems (vinyl stickers) on front and back, and on wheels (free from a friend)
-Vinyl tinted my headlights and added black eyelids ($20)
-Added second Bose subwoofer in the spare tire well. They both fit stacked on each other. I tapped into the oem connector/plug since they are self powered, no need to run any new wires for power or anything. I pretty much just ran wires from the added bose sub plug straight into the rear of the orig bose sub plug. ($100)
-HID 55 watt fog lights (now the combination of tinted headlights and HID fogs are brighter than the original light combination before tinting)($40)
-LED DRL ($15)
-LED interior lights/ plate lights ($15)
-Modified air box/removed snorkel (30 mins)
-Muffler delete. Just running the factory resonators, sounds pretty good, no hwy drone. Had the muffler shop cut the off and fab new pipes and weld on factory tips ($125)
-Painted yellow calipers ($5)
-Foot well ambient light kit (~$40)

Let me know if anyone wants pic of anything in particular. I've had this car about 6 weeks, and love the new look/sound!

JusJZ
06-24-13, 04:53 AM
How did you change the DRL bulbs???

Hyphymikey
06-24-13, 05:30 AM
How did you change the DRL bulbs???

Removed the 2 10mm bolts above the grille, the 2 push pins above the grille (further out set), one 10mm bolt on each side behind the fender lining, leaned bumper forward, removed lights (3 bolts each), changed bulbs, reinstall.

No need to undo anything under the bumper, just laid a towel down and leaned the bumper forward and rested on the ground.

jimmie jam
06-25-13, 10:54 AM
Removed the 2 10mm bolts above the grille, the 2 push pins above the grille (further out set), one 10mm bolt on each side behind the fender lining, leaned bumper forward, removed lights (3 bolts each), changed bulbs, reinstall.

No need to undo anything under the bumper, just laid a towel down and leaned the bumper forward and rested on the ground.

Looks great murdered out......did you do this with two hands or four?

Hyphymikey
06-25-13, 11:21 PM
Two hands. I made sure to tape off the fender above the bumper, because it will hit the fender if you do it alone.

D VADER
07-07-13, 09:00 AM
In my opinion I would have left the Caddy emblems stock.

Hyphymikey
07-07-13, 08:34 PM
In my opinion I would have left the Caddy emblems stock.

They look different now
http://i.imgur.com/65ETSpZ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/v7p1tnB.jpg

as well as the center caps
http://i.imgur.com/ziinnRP.jpg

2jzgze
07-10-13, 01:14 AM
Any sound clips of the muffler delete?

Hyphymikey
07-11-13, 10:57 PM
Any sound clips of the muffler delete?

I tried with my iphone and it came out crappy. Ill try in a few days when I get a better device in my hands.

2jzgze
07-12-13, 12:06 PM
I tried with my iphone and it came out crappy. Ill try in a few days when I get a better device in my hands.

Thanks man.

I wish I heard it before yesterday. I actually deleted my muffler yesterday but was too aggressive in sound haha. Put my stock muffler back on. If anyone wants let me know. I'm getting rid of it for 100obo. I'm in the los Angeles area

mattchev150
07-18-13, 04:03 PM
that looks awesome....i have an 09 sedan and think im gonna dip all my chrome soon. was it pretty easy for the most part?

Hyphymikey
07-19-13, 04:06 AM
that looks awesome....i have an 09 sedan and think im gonna dip all my chrome soon. was it pretty easy for the most part?

It was very easy.

joekitch
10-21-13, 01:59 AM
so uh, any idea how to get some of those greyscale cadillac emblems?

Saggio
02-13-14, 02:09 PM
LOVE it!

We just picked up a 2010 Wagon Premium in black a few days ago.

Magnaflow Cat-Back already ordered. Black out the chrome is next!!!

tinman
02-13-14, 02:15 PM
Nice. You had better post pictures or you will be banned!