: I hear air coming in through my door while driving on freeway

htoliver
05-31-13, 10:26 PM
Hi all. I have a 2009 Escalade EXT truck 4 door. No external damage. Never been in wreck. Door closes appropriately. 52K miles. When I'm on the freeway it sounds like the window is partly down because I hear a constant stream of air coming in but the windows are completely let up including the sun roof being closed. No idea where the air leak is. I read somewhere it could be door pins or bushings. Can anyone offer any advice with this? Thanks!

blackex
06-01-13, 12:07 AM
Same problem here. Waiting to find time to take it to the dealer to try and correct.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-01-13, 12:55 PM
Hello htoliver and blackex,

I am sorry to hear that you both are experiencing the same issue with hearing air through your door. If you would like my assistance in working with the dealership, please feel free to message me privately with your name, contact info, address, VIN, mileage, and dealership you would like to work with. Please keep us updated!

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

socalADE
06-04-13, 06:38 PM
Looks like you are just beyond the 50,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty... :banghead: My dealership had the door realigned to fix the problem. It closed properly before, but I still heard the wind noise.

Try pushing up all of the weatherstripping around the door. This may help.

wyoescalade
06-04-13, 08:49 PM
I had the same issue with my Escalade and we discovered that it was the black shinny piece between the 2 doors, somehow those pieces lost there seal and had come up and caused a wind noise to rush into the cabin. Actually that solid 1 piece goes around the whole window now that I remember and my problem was on the passenger side rear, they discovered the seal around it was bad. They put in a new part and resealed it. Fixed

htoliver
06-05-13, 04:56 AM
I had the same issue with my Escalade and we discovered that it was the black shinny piece between the 2 doors, somehow those pieces lost there seal and had come up and caused a wind noise to rush into the cabin. Actually that solid 1 piece goes around the whole window now that I remember and my problem was on the passenger side rear, they discovered the seal around it was bad. They put in a new part and resealed it. Fixed

ok cool. i have an appointment with them this morning and will let you all know what they say. Helps alot!

wyoescalade
06-25-13, 04:03 AM
htoliver did your dealer resolve your wind noise issue? just curious what they found on yours.

whodatcadillac
10-10-14, 04:18 AM
I have the same issue. Is it covered under the warranty or any idea with costs?

hcvone
10-10-14, 06:51 AM
This was a widespread problem with limited fixes, it seems you either had wind noise or you didn't, I have a dozen of these trucks, some were bad others were fine, seen dealerships make it ten times worse trying to fix it. :(

ScarabChris
10-10-14, 09:34 AM
I have the same issue on my 2008 EXT. I only hear it when going over 70 MPH. It's not that bad, just a slight whistle noise. The music over powers it for the most part and I don't drive on the highway much. But I wouldn't mind fixing it. I have checked all the weather stripping in the doors and sunroof and all looks good.

Cadillac Cust Svc
10-17-14, 02:52 PM
I have the same issue. Is it covered under the warranty or any idea with costs?

Hello whodatcadillac,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing a wind noise with your vehicle. If your vehicle is outside the bumper to bumper warranty, it is likely not covered. The first step would be contacting the dealership to schedule an appointment for a diagnosis. Please let me know if I can assist you.

Katie O.
Cadillac Customer Care

lmarquardt08
10-17-14, 11:37 PM
Same issue here on my 2011 EXT?!?! Why is this?

JD2004
10-18-14, 12:29 PM
On my 07 ext the whistle noise is coming from where the upper window reveal molding meets the passenger side door frame. I put masking tape over to kill the whistle until I have time to have it fixed