: So now I need rear shocks for my ESV!

sosatyme72
05-31-13, 08:55 PM
Seems that both rear shocks the rubber is ripped...but how would I know if the compressor is still good?The only error
message Ive seen is the Stability Sys Disabled on come on not too long ago, which not even sure if it relates to that....
someone told me that its probably turned off/disabled since shocks are bad /not holding air? Not sure how accurate that
comment is, but any ideas??

Should I go with the Monroe shocks or Arnott...I guess since the shocks are no good I cant really see/feel this great air ride
suspension that everyone talks about in these trucks. So should I get the Monroe's?? thanks!

the cadillac man
05-31-13, 09:44 PM
Seems that both rear shocks the rubber is ripped...but how would I know if the compressor is still good?The only error
message Ive seen is the Stability Sys Disabled on come on not too long ago, which not even sure if it relates to that....
someone told me that its probably turned off/disabled since shocks are bad /not holding air? Not sure how accurate that
comment is, but any ideas??

Should I go with the Monroe shocks or Arnott...I guess since the shocks are no good I cant really see/feel this great air ride
suspension that everyone talks about in these trucks. So should I get the Monroe's?? thanks!

It depends on your budget most say get Monroe shocks but I went with arnotts shocks
I don't think the stability system message is with the shocks
But you will notice a huge difference in the truck once you replace the shocks
The front shocks are not air shocks just the rear(which is air/gas hybrid shocks)
Go to a gm dealer and get the codes pulled for the ride control and if it pops up the exhaust valve solenoid code then the compressor needs replacing(currently working on a fix for this)

The stability system has nothing to do with the shocks as far as I know

YoshiMan
06-01-13, 05:55 PM
Yeah, both of my rear shock bellows are as BLOWN as can be (as in very large holes) and the compressor i assume doesnt work, but i have zero warning messages on the dash

the cadillac man
06-01-13, 07:31 PM
Yeah, both of my rear shock bellows are as BLOWN as can be (as in very large holes) and the compressor i assume doesnt work, but i have zero warning messages on the dash

Replace the compressor and shocks sometimes the system may not throw a code(it is possible)

Sentinelist
06-01-13, 11:51 PM
My rears aren't blown yet, but they're cracked and I've got the Service Ride Control message with a compressor that runs more often than it should. Arnotts are highly praised on here and on the Audi forum I belong to- that's what I'm buying this month to install before towing a parade float next month!

the cadillac man
06-02-13, 03:10 AM
My rears aren't blown yet, but they're cracked and I've got the Service Ride Control message with a compressor that runs more often than it should. Arnotts are highly praised on here and on the Audi forum I belong to- that's what I'm buying this month to install before towing a parade float next month!

If they are cracked then they are leaking(do the soapy water spray test and watch for bubbles)
I got the arnotts shocks and it really changed the ride and handling of my truck(rides smoother and handles crisper and more stable in quick turns)
I got the remanufactured oem shocks(be careful as they have a new air shock but it is not active but passive)

YoshiMan
06-02-13, 05:28 PM
What about the new front shocks they sell? Are those active as well? Or do they just have the sensor that overrides the warning messages on the dash? I figured if i can keep the active system working without spending $700 on each shock, then i would

the cadillac man
06-02-13, 07:38 PM
What about the new front shocks they sell? Are those active as well? Or do they just have the sensor that overrides the warning messages on the dash? I figured if i can keep the active system working without spending $700 on each shock, then i would

I don't think they have the oem active shocks
But my front shocks are still good so I doubt you will need to replace them(I have over 160,000 miles on my truck)