: 2002 DeVille Base Sound Upgrades

yllasdivad080
05-31-13, 04:46 PM
Hello, all. I am looking to upgrade the sound in my 2002 Base Deville (non Bose / non Nav).

This is what I want to do:

Keep the factory head unit
Upgrade all speakers
Swap the factory amp with an aftermarket unit
Add a subwoofer box to the trunk.

I know how to upgrade the speakers and add a subwoofer, but I don't know how to swap the factory amp. If anyone has done this or knows how to do this and could share that information, that would be great! I have looked around a lot on this forum and have not seen much clear information on this.

Thanks!

N*Caddy
06-02-13, 12:03 PM
You do know the factory amp controls all the audio settings (like volume control) based on the information received from HU on the data line. There is no aftermarket amplifier that connects to the car data line and understands the protocol.

todoralsfd
12-23-13, 08:00 PM
Im attempting the same thing sort of... I want to keep HU and replace all door speakers. Just cut and reconnect 3 ways and disable the tweeters on A post. For the sub can I do the same thing? Cut wires at speaker and connect new subwoofer keeping the factory amps?

Also heard I have to make bracket for 10" sub since factory is 11". That's no problem just want to make sure I'm not opening Pandora's box.

I realize what I'm doing May not be superb sound but it will be better than all blown speakers.

N*Caddy
12-23-13, 11:26 PM
Or instead of cutting your vehicle wires (really thing 10 times about this), just replace the speakers with original new.

todoralsfd
12-24-13, 07:04 PM
Why? If they blew there obviously not very good quality. It's not the Bose system btw. So why not upgrade with quality speakers. I just want to make sure it's not going to be a drastic difference in sound.... 2 ohm to 4 ohm?