: Software for tracking maintenance & fuel economy etc. (testers wanted)

ocgltd
05-31-13, 04:39 PM
I'm a happy STS owner who tracks vehicle maintenance, fuel consumption, repair info, etc. for my vehicles and have created a web based app to track this info. (See sample screen attachment)

The app is still in development but highly usable now, and I'm looking for a handful of technically savvy car lovers to help test it out.

I'm only posting this in the cadillac forum...and I would like to open it up to more users in a few months...but for now just need a handfull of users to test. Ideally you are someone who already tracks this kind of info and sees value in tracking maintenance etc...

If you are interested please message me (send your email address)! All I ask that is that you email me with bugs, and screen shots to show the bugs. I've got 10 years worth of vehicle data in the system now so it's stable but still alpha quality...

Thanks!

ocgltd
06-01-13, 11:32 PM
In response to questions:

1. If you already track fuel consumption or maintenance data, you can send it to me in CSV format (or some other format), and I will import it for you.

2. No there is no cost etc now or ever (if you are a helpful tester it will always be free...). I also want to do something nice for the Cadillac Forums gang

3. Yes it is fully functional. I'm working on the welcome website now and some administration stuff.

4. There is NOTHING to install. You just point your web browser to the web site and the app is available to you. (It works on Mac, PC, Linux, etc).

ocgltd
06-04-13, 09:10 PM
5. Yes I have added recommend maintenance schedules for cars, and in particular Cadillac! I used some of the data learned on the forums here to create a recommended maintenance schedule for cadillac (which you can edit/adjust as you see fit for each vehicle).

6. No - there is no software to install. Just point your browser at the web site and the program is operational in your browser.

CadillacLuke24
06-04-13, 11:58 PM
It really is easy guys. Nothing hard. Just go to the site and pick your settings. I look forward to using it :D

ocgltd
06-10-13, 01:43 PM
7. Yes it works great with a tabled (iPad). Also tested on a blackberry playbook.

8. Yes you can mix Gallons and Litres (for those of you living near a border), and also mix currencies (eg: USD and CAD).

weealbert
06-10-13, 09:00 PM
Yes, I would like to participate.

basscatt
06-10-13, 11:33 PM
Yes, I would like to participate.

Thank you
----------------------------------
you should NEVER post your email in ANY forum -
there are PHISHING BOTS everywhere -
and they would LOVE to add you to their spam list -

go back in and edit the address - and spell it out -
xxxATxxxDOT COM -

don't wait - do it now -

weealbert
06-11-13, 06:02 AM
[QUOTE="weealbert"]Yes, I would like to participate.

----------

Thanks for the advice. Will take note of that in all future correspondence.

CadillacLuke24
06-20-13, 01:30 AM
This website is AWESOME! Everything is straightfoward, clear cut, and easy to use. It calculates EVERYTHING for you based on your information imputed to the site.

FWIW, I LIKE this :D I highly recommend it.

ocgltd
06-20-13, 01:51 AM
Thanks! So far lots of great feedback...and still improving.

If anyone wants a preview, the main website is now up too (www.karlog.ca (http://www.karlog.ca)) with screenshots and more.

Please spread the word....I need a lot more testers before launch...