: HG test and green result

gino9
05-31-13, 04:08 PM
Today I check my HG and show green colour.What that mine?On instruction said if yellow is fail,but nothing about green colour.My STS run well,not overheating.

drewsdeville
05-31-13, 04:19 PM
My STS run well,not overheating.

Based on that, if it was mine, I wouldn't be worrying about it. It's hard to argue that a correctly working machine is broken! :ill:

Ask any doctor, mechanic, scientist, etc... Test results are NEVER fault-proof positives until they are accompanied by symptoms that support those test results. Never draw conclusions based on a sole piece of data. You have no symptoms whatsoever.

RippyPartsDept
05-31-13, 04:35 PM
Yellow and blue make green

i would say that's a fail

are you overheating?
are you loosing coolant without any external leak?
does your exhaust smell sweet like coolant when you first start the car up in the morning?

jeffrsmith
05-31-13, 09:38 PM
+1 - If it is currently green, it will most likely test yellow sometime in the near future. If you don't have the money set aside, now would be a good time to start saving!

Ranger
05-31-13, 10:37 PM
Yup, green is half way between blue and yellow. If it ain't blue, it ain't good.

vincentm
06-01-13, 10:43 AM
Sorry to hear that. It sucks I know I been there

gino9
06-02-13, 08:51 AM
ok,No sweet smell from exhaust,no loosing coolant,no overheating,no codes.

Where and how much is cost for head gasket kit,bolts and etc.What I should buy and replace and never happen again?Price?

Ranger
06-02-13, 11:37 AM
Wait a minute. You have no HG symptoms, so why did you bother running the test and what are you going through all this expense and work? If it ain't broke, don't fix it. You don't seem to be 100% sure that it's broke. Are you LOOKING for a boogie man?