: 2010 srx backup camera

Pettiej
05-31-13, 04:05 PM
My newly purchased 2010 SRX backup camera is not very clear. Is it normal for the sharpness of the picture to diminish after 3 years?
Appreciate any info. Thanks,
pettiej

adamjeeps
05-31-13, 04:13 PM
Is your camera lens clean?

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-31-13, 05:22 PM
My newly purchased 2010 SRX backup camera is not very clear. Is it normal for the sharpness of the picture to diminish after 3 years?
Appreciate any info. Thanks,
pettiej

Hello Pettiej,

Congrats on your new purchase of the SRX! I apologize your camera picture sharpness is not clear. If you plan on discussing this issue with a mechanic, or want to take your vehicle in for a diagnosis at a dealership, please keep me informed so I can stay involved throughout this process.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

ladypro
05-31-13, 05:25 PM
I got caught in a down pour today,you could see the rain going heavily down the back up camera screen, it was kinda cool,I would say mine is good and clear. it is hard to get use to I still want to look over my shoulder and the side mirror.

Pettiej
06-01-13, 09:09 PM
yes I did that. I'm told by salesman the camera gets dull after awhile, but I'm having trouble believing that in a 3 year old car. I think GM is a little more responsible then that.
Thanks I appreciate your reply

----------

Yes I have a 2013 loaner and the camera is very clear.

Marc NY
06-02-13, 10:01 AM
yes I did that. I'm told by salesman the camera gets dull after awhile, but I'm having trouble believing that in a 3 year old car. I think GM is a little more responsible then that.

----------

Yes I have a 2013 loaner and the camera is very clear.I would not put much stock in what that salesman is saying. :suspect: You might need a lens adjustment or a good cleaning. I would be more apt to say that GM's vendor who made the rear 2010-12 SRX cameras wasn't quite as good as other camera systems that GM uses. My Enclave rear camera was much sharper than my 2010 & 2012 SRXs were. However the 2013 SRX rear camera seems to be a lot better. Just a point of interest here ... IMO my new 2013 rear camera and Navigation sytems are a huge improvemnt over the previous SRX versions.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-03-13, 10:55 AM

----------

Yes I have a 2013 loaner and the camera is very clear.

Hello Pettiej,

Thanks for responding back to me. I am sorry the salesman informed you of that. Marc NY does offer good advice on your situation, and I do understand how this can be frustrating. Let me know if there is anything you would like to discuss further, or if you have additional questions or concerns. You can private message me and we can continue to interact from there.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

davedogcaddy
06-05-13, 10:58 PM
I wonder if the camera used on the 2013 is a direct replacement for the 2010/11/12...

packardv8
06-06-13, 05:45 PM
More likely it is the lens than the camera. The lens is back there exposed to salt spray, road grime, car wash solutions, so yes, they do get cloudy and scratched after three years.

Slightly OT, but plastic headlamp lenses go TU after a few years exposure to the elements. I see mainly Fords and Mopars with the lens so opaque it's difficult to understand how the driver sees anything at night.

jack vines