: Weird window thing happening

soulsea
05-31-13, 02:43 PM
So as some may know, if the battery has been unplugged for any significant period of time, when it is reconnected and the truck started back up, one will often have lost the auto up/down on the front side windows. I learned that the way to remedy that is to pull the windows all the way up, and then hold the controls up for a few seconds, which somehow reloads enough power to to them and then they work fine after that.

But now this no auto up/down is happening to me once every few days, and I correct it the same way as I described above and it goes away ... then a few days later it comes back.

Anyone experience this?

Is it an indication that perhaps my battery is about to say bye bye or is it something else?

Thanks.

Rich08
05-31-13, 06:29 PM
Hey Soulsea thanks for a tip. When I got my truck the windows would go down auto, then I changed my battery and it stopped. I never new why, but thanks to your remedy I got them working again.;)

2kflhr
05-31-13, 08:54 PM
I read you rolled the window up and held the switch for several seconds after it was fully up but it seems like I remember reading to have the ignition on and roll the window fully down and hold the window switch in down position for several seconds and then raise the window and hold the switch for several seconds. Maybe you were only doing part 1 of 2?

soulsea
05-31-13, 09:11 PM
Well I'll try it next time the issue manifests, but the tech that showed me this solution only mentioned holding the switches up.

However in my case the battery hasn't been disconnected and the issue still manifests about once a week, so I'm curious to know if anyone else has experienced this and knows the root cause.

soulsea
06-01-13, 11:39 AM
Well now it's happening every time I turn on the truck. The auto down works fine but auto up will not unless I hold the button up. Then auto up will work till I shut off the truck. And it's only happening on the driver's side. So something is obviously wrong with either the switch, harness, or other part. I'm at 39% oil life left so I guess I'll have them look at it when I take it in for service in a month or so.

hcvone
06-03-13, 06:36 AM
Well now it's happening every time I turn on the truck. The auto down works fine but auto up will not unless I hold the button up. Then auto up will work till I shut off the truck. And it's only happening on the driver's side. So something is obviously wrong with either the switch, harness, or other part. I'm at 39% oil life left so I guess I'll have them look at it when I take it in for service in a month or so.

I had three of my 12 Escalade's do this (one 2007, 2010 and one 2012) , never figured out the problem, dealer could find nothing, drove me insane back in 2007 when it happened the first time, the 2007 was auto down only and NOT auto up, the 2010 and 2012 always worked auto down, the problem with always auto up with those. :(

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-03-13, 09:18 AM

Hello soulsea,

I am sorry for the window auto track not functioning correctly for you. I see you will discuss this concern with the dealership when you go in for service next. Please keep us updated on the situation, and if there are additional questions or concerns you would like to discuss, let us know.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

kazza93203
06-06-13, 02:13 AM
So as some may know, if the battery has been unplugged for any significant period of time, when it is reconnected and the truck started back up, one will often have lost the auto up/down on the front side windows. I learned that the way to remedy that is to pull the windows all the way up, and then hold the controls up for a few seconds, which somehow reloads enough power to to them and then they work fine after that.

But now this no auto up/down is happening to me once every few days, and I correct it the same way as I described above and it goes away ... then a few days later it comes back.

Anyone experience this?

Is it an indication that perhaps my battery is about to say bye bye or is it something else?

Thanks.

What year is the auto UP feature included in? I have a 07 and have never had a auto UP just down?

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-06-13, 02:59 PM
What year is the auto UP feature included in? I have a 07 and have never had a auto UP just down?

Hello kazza93203,

After researching this for you, I found out the express-up feature became available in the 2009 year model. I hope this helps!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

soulsea
06-11-13, 01:59 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/300x300/38646423.jpg

MrHolland
06-11-13, 02:06 PM
Auto healing feature!!