: Vanity mirror / Sun visor busted

meexhorn
05-31-13, 02:22 PM
Hi,

Vehicle: 2010 SRX Luxury

My passenger side sun visor is busted. The hinges and the glass are both broken. I cannot find replacement parts anywhere on the web. Any ideas where I can find them?

Bonus question: Anyone know how to actually replace these parts?

Thank you.

redvett94
05-31-13, 06:24 PM
Thats not a high replacement item so your only choice is order from the dealer.

Bones2010
07-31-14, 05:02 PM
The hinge for the plastic flap/cover over the mirror on the passenger side sun visor broke about a year ago - fortunately that was fixed under warranty. Now the hinge broke on the mirror cover on the driver's side visor. Now if I use the visor to shield my eyes from the sun, the plastic flap hangs down in an awkward position. In my case, the glass is not broken like the original post on this thread. Funny thing is that I've probably only lifted that flap four or five times the whole time that I've owned my 2010 SRX Luxury. To fix the passenger side, they replaced the entire visor. Anyone else having this problem?

Cadillac Cust Svc
08-05-14, 07:15 PM
Hi Bones2010,

I can see how this sun visor issue would be frustrating and I apologize for any inconvenience it’s caused. It seems like you are looking for some feedback from the forum, but if end up heading to the dealership, I’d be happy to provide some assistance. Feel free to PM me if you would like to discuss this further.

Have a great night,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care