: Bad Day

Caddy Dave
05-31-13, 12:20 PM
In New york times, we are dealing with 90 degree weather. So on the way to work the car power shut down and on the screen it say (engine power reduce). So now when you start the car it shake like the car is miss firing. Is my car dead :crying:, or could this be a easy fix?

glake89
05-31-13, 12:27 PM
Get your codes read and let us know; then we can help. Until then, it will be a bad day.

Sheepish
05-31-13, 01:11 PM
v6 or v8?

repnatl
05-31-13, 02:12 PM
Some owners on here got that message for a throttle body issue another possibility is a major fault and the ecu picked it up in time. Get the dtcs and we can help you more

conedoctor
05-31-13, 02:26 PM
Sort of like saying my leg is sore, what is it and can you fix it?

Caddy Dave
05-31-13, 03:36 PM
Its a v8 and when i fine out the codes i will let ya'll know and thanks.

Caddy Dave
06-05-13, 11:03 AM
Got the car back yesterday, they say it need a Mass air flow sensor, throttle body kit and a map sensor. If I get the parts, can I do it myself?
Another thing do the 04 srx northstar v8 have a Idle Air Control Valve? and if it dose where it is located?

glake89
06-05-13, 11:26 AM
That sounds like a lot of stuff went bad all at the same time, NOT. What were the code numbers so we can help.

conedoctor
06-05-13, 12:58 PM
Wow you need to find a repair shop not replace shop, that is brutal troubleshooting.

Good thing they did not become doctors.

You should be able to replace those parts on your own with some help from the forum, are you able to operate a volt meter and have some basic hand tools?

Caddy Dave
06-05-13, 07:07 PM
The code that comes up now is P0174, sys too lean in bank 2.

glake89
06-06-13, 11:15 AM
If that's your only code, most likely a vacuum or exhaust leak (ahead of cat) on driver side. BUT, it should not have sent car into reduce power mode?

PJ1520
06-07-13, 02:01 AM
Caddy Dave..........can you add "V8" in your profile under "Automobiles?" It would have helped you initially get some help from others in this thread and in the others in which you have participated and asked questions about your SRX.

PJ

Jschuch
06-13-13, 02:40 AM
I just replyed to another post with this similar code.171 and 174. For me it was a leak on the PVC lines. It was the "dirty side" see the schematics on this forum. When i tried to take the pvc lines off the rubber fittings crumbled in my hands. Completely the source of the vacuum leak. I see this as a common issue with this era northstar. It drove me nuts and i spent a lot on mass air flow sensors etc. Please check out both your pvc hoses. It can be a cheaper fix than all those other diagnosis. (I like the comments to find a repair shop not a replace shop). Once i replaced these leaking hoses, and yes my engine ran rough, everything got better. No damn codes, smooth running engine. I hope this helps.