: how to remove emblem from grille

cpmet200
05-31-13, 12:15 PM
is there an easy way to this? I just bought a new grill from eBay for my '05 and I really dont want to spend $150 for a new one. I just need to transger the old opne from my current grill to the new grill. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :yup:

the cadillac man
05-31-13, 12:27 PM
is there an easy way to this? I just bought a new grill from eBay for my '05 and I really dont want to spend $150 for a new one. I just need to transger the old opne from my current grill to the new grill. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :yup:

I think it is just held in with a couple screws

cpmet200
05-31-13, 01:31 PM
I think it is just held in with a couple screws

its like glued with gorilla glue or some stuff like that becuase theres no screws around it or behind it.... is there some kind of liquid that might help me remove it?

RippyPartsDept
05-31-13, 02:05 PM
usually people heat it up in the sun then use a heat gun for extra heat (if needed) and then fishing line or something similar to cut the adhesive

the tricky part now becomes getting your emblem onto your new grille

the adhesive on the new emblems is really really good and about 99% of all other double sided tapes you will find are totally inferior and will fall off

my recommendation is to purchase new emblems and leave your current grille intact (it's more valuable for resale that way)
I can sell you the two emblems (wreath & crest) for $114 plus some shipping
i know it's not much savings but it's some

mikedyk43
06-01-13, 02:40 AM
It is held on with double-sided adhesive. Getting it off without damaging things takes a while, but like it was mentioned earlier, some heat will help. If you go to Oreilly's or Autozone, you can buy a small roll of double-sided adhesive by 3M designed for attaching fender flares and the like. It sticks very well and is what I used to reattach mine.

cpmet200
06-02-13, 01:47 AM
It is held on with double-sided adhesive. Getting it off without damaging things takes a while, but like it was mentioned earlier, some heat will help. If you go to Oreilly's or Autozone, you can buy a small roll of double-sided adhesive by 3M designed for attaching fender flares and the like. It sticks very well and is what I used to reattach mine.

ty. will give it a try

sosatyme72
06-03-13, 01:47 PM
hey how much for the rear emblem for a esv in black? I heard there is no emblem sold seperately for rear just need to buy whold round piece with eblems alreay attached?

usually people heat it up in the sun then use a heat gun for extra heat (if needed) and then fishing line or something similar to cut the adhesive

the tricky part now becomes getting your emblem onto your new grille

the adhesive on the new emblems is really really good and about 99% of all other double sided tapes you will find are totally inferior and will fall off

my recommendation is to purchase new emblems and leave your current grille intact (it's more valuable for resale that way)
I can sell you the two emblems (wreath & crest) for $114 plus some shipping
i know it's not much savings but it's some

RippyPartsDept
06-03-13, 02:49 PM
I heard there is no emblem sold separately for rear just need to buy whole round piece with emblems already attached?

that's correct... and because the "medallion" comes pre-painted by GM we need to know the color
(looking it up by your VIN is the best way to ensure we get it right)

sosatyme72
06-03-13, 03:04 PM
ok pm'd u!

that's correct... and because the "medallion" comes pre-painted by GM we need to know the color
(looking it up by your VIN is the best way to ensure we get it right)

RippyPartsDept
06-03-13, 04:29 PM
responding in a few minutes