Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Sunroof Problems

8K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  army_kid 
#1 ·
I need some insight on my sunroof won't close all the way. I press the button to close it all the way and it leaves about an inch or two gap. Then I press the tilt button and it closes the gap but leaves a gap in the back and the glass isn't flush like its supposed to.

#2 ·
Hello army_kid,

I understand how this can be a frustrating situation. I am unable to offer any technical advice as to how a vehicle is functioning, because I am not a certified technician. If you would like to get your vehicle checked out by a mechanic, and want help setting up a dealership appointment, please let me know.

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

#6 ·
try disconnecting and reconnecting the battery. Touch the + and - cables together when you disconnect them. Whatever you do don't lock yourself out of the car like I did with my 07 STS before I sold it. Left the damn key in the car. That's why I like how the new fobs have the key in them. Let us know what happens.

#7 ·
The s/r in my 06 did something similar... I generally only use the vent but I had decided to open it one day and it wouldn't close. The sun roof would almost close, then open itself back up again. I tried closing it several times but it kept opening again. (kinda like the freaking garage door when it's wet) I looked in the roof track and found that a plastic trim peice had worked itself loose and was jamming the sun roof when it got close to closing. I just pulled the piece out and it closed as normal. That was the last time I ever opened the sun roof fully!
I would try checking the tracks to be sure there are no obstructions before going to a shop. I always try the simple stuff first.

#8 ·
I disconnected the battery and it's still doing it, looked at the track the best I could with a flashlight and didn't see any obstructions, so I'm back to square one plus the plastic bag and masking tape with everyone looking at it like "Woah dude!" I just don't want to pay an arm and a leg (and if it comes to it, a spleen too) for something not so major.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.