: Intermittent Friction Noise

seaman.40
05-31-13, 06:59 AM
I replaced my rotors and brake pads on 4 tires, at first there were no noise, but after a month I hear a intermittent friction noise, when I am stopping or turning at low speed ,I cant really tell where is coming from, I only hear it with windows down and no music very
weak .I canít stand noises in my car. Any ideas what could be . Thanks in Advance

the cadillac man
05-31-13, 09:06 AM
I replaced my rotors and brake pads on 4 tires, at first there were no noise, but after a month I hear a intermittent friction noise, when I am stopping or turning at low speed ,I cant really tell where is coming from, I only hear it with windows down and no music very
weak .I can’t stand noises in my car. Any ideas what could be . Thanks in Advance

Check your rims if they are factory they may be peeling on the chrome
My 03s factory rims is doing this I had tore the peeling parts off back of this but it is back as I noticed it yesterday while I was at the dealer to get my shocks replaced

BDuncan
05-31-13, 10:03 AM
Can you describe the noise more, high pitched squeal, vibration type sound?? Did you use slotted or smooth rotors? The metal clips at the end of the pad can get out of place during pad install and they can rub the edge of the rotor.

seaman.40
05-31-13, 06:58 PM
I got no vibrations , the rotors are smooth, its like something is touching the rim or rotor, but I cant find what it is, the rims are basically new, so nothing is
peeling of the chrome. I probably have to lift the car and go one by one of the tires to see if I can find something.

the cadillac man
05-31-13, 08:45 PM
Does it go away while you make turns?

seaman.40
06-01-13, 04:30 AM
Nope, Actually I hear it when I make turn, but I like I said only hear it at really low speed.

the cadillac man
06-01-13, 07:20 AM
Nope, Actually I hear it when I make turn, but I like I said only hear it at really low speed.

Sounds like a cv joint