: Looking to order CTS-V but...

Wraythe
05-30-13, 07:32 PM
First off, I'm impressed with this tight-knit group of CTS-V owners :thumbsup:

I had to fly to SoCali to test drive a CTS-V unfortunately it was an automatic :bigroll:

I'm about to place an order (wagon, manual transmission, Recaro's and NO sunroof) but I have the following questions:

1. Have you been happy with your Cadillac experience?
2. Has your CTS-V been reliable?
3. If you could go back in time, would you purchase your CTS-V again?
4. How is the build quality?
5. Are you worried about the availability of parts, say five years from now?
6. What price should I expect to pay?

I'm also trying to figure out which dealership I'm going to place my order. I've been told to verify if the dealership has allocations to order a CTS-V. In live in Utah but willing to place an order just about anywhere.

Thank you in advanced for any input you can provide ;)

Club Malibu
05-30-13, 08:46 PM
1. Have you been happy with your Cadillac experience?
Yes.

2. Has your CTS-V been reliable?
Very.

3. If you could go back in time, would you purchase your CTS-V again?
Yes.

4. How is the build quality?
Mine's good. Others had to lemon their cars. Mostly those were 2009's. (correct me if I am wrong.)

5. Are you worried about the availability of parts, say five years from now?
No.

6. What price should I expect to pay?
My 2010 was $68K sticker. Out the door at $74K with added tire and extended warranties and other stuff.

Trapspeed
05-30-13, 09:03 PM
First, welcome and happy hunting. Let me contribute:

1. Have you been happy with your Cadillac experience? Overall, very. I was in the GM camp for years prior and find Cadillac's overall approach better than Chevy was.

2. Has your CTS-V been reliable? Incredibly...so far. Little nuances from time to time but who doesn't have them?

3. If you could go back in time, would you purchase your CTS-V again? In a second.

4. How is the build quality? About what you'd expect from what you get. This car was meant to do several things better than it's competitors and it succeeded big time. To that end, some aspects of the V aren't as "tight" as some compare to German super sedans but at over $30K less than most of them give me the V any day.

5. Are you worried about the availability of parts, say five years from now? Never. Power train is tried and true pushrod muscle attached to a reliable transmission with either choice. Other components have found their way into other GM cars, too, so I think we'll be ok.

6. What price should I expect to pay? Depends really. Mileage and options will usually dictate the tone of negotiations.

Overall, I think you'll find the experience mind boggling. This is the most fun I've had on four wheels ever.

timg
05-30-13, 10:24 PM
FYI, there are still a few manual CTS-V wagons in stock around the country. You may not need to order one unless you want to.

Tim

flatrockguy
05-31-13, 07:34 AM
If you decide to order call James Quinn at les Stanford Cadillac in Dearborn MI. You won't beat his price and service. He will have the car drop shipped to a dealer near you.

James C. Quinn
Les Stanford Chevrolet-Cadillac
313.724.1430 Direct
"James C. Quinn" <James_Quinn@lesstanford.com>
313.332.4847 Fax

GM-4-LIFE
06-01-13, 02:04 AM
If you decide to order call James Quinn at les Stanford Cadillac in Dearborn MI. You won't beat his price and service. He will have the car drop shipped to a dealer near you.

James C. Quinn
313.724.1430 Direct
313.332.4847 Fax

DITTO!! James is amazing!!!

Wraythe
06-01-13, 02:09 PM
Thank you!!!

I just called and left James a voicemail message :)

GM-4-LIFE
06-02-13, 02:06 AM
Email James and you will be very pleased!

Tell him Shawn from L.A. sent you from the forum!

hakalugi
06-02-13, 11:14 PM
Overall, I think you'll find the experience mind boggling. This is the most fun I've had on four wheels ever.

Ditto everything Trapspeed shared. It not just the top end power. The ultra-wide torque curve combined with the best handling/steering I've ever had the pleasure of driving makes me think if Cadillac took some demo cars to (insert other brand or generic) automotive events and let people drive them, they'd have more converts. This isn't just a sleeper "on the line" it's a sleeper in the industry, commercials and car reviews aside.

It's funny, I've had my Vagon for a week (hit 1k miles). Common comments from friends that are car enthusiasts in ages ranging from 25 - 55, some with tuned 335 bimmers, some with Z06, some with crap since they had kids and got rid of their fun cars. I got the following comments: "big pimpin' - never thought you'd end up in a Caddy" or "umm, what? Look, I know the 535 wagon was no longer imported as of 2010, but why?" or "have fun being the king of <insert local African American neighborhood name>"

Then they each got test rides (me driving). They get out of the car shaking their heads "it was nothing like I was thinking it would be" or "wow, just wow, I didn't expect that" or "I can see why you bought it, it's so fast and you're right handles the opposite of what I was expecting, its not a big floaty boat, this thing is mean"

The only downside facing me is winter tires for when the snows come, but the Pilot tires on the car now are worth it. It's a hauler that hauls!

CavemanB52
06-03-13, 01:12 AM
For less than $2000 its faster than a stock Z06

----------

For $20,000 there is little that can touch it for the same amount of cash.

Kluch
06-03-13, 03:59 AM
Thank you!!!

I just called and left James a voicemail message :)

If u talk to James, also tell him that George from Delaware says hello. He took very good care of me too. I bypassed the local dealer and flew to detroit and drove the car 650 miles home. James is the man!

Chrispy
06-03-13, 09:17 AM
1. Have you been happy with your Cadillac experience? - Yes it was excellent
2. Has your CTS-V been reliable? - Perfectly reliable
3. If you could go back in time, would you purchase your CTS-V again? - Yes
4. How is the build quality? - Excellent, only issue with mine was the drivers side carpet wasn't tucked in all the way on the left side. Doesn't bother me enough to bring it to the dealer
5. Are you worried about the availability of parts, say five years from now? - No
6. What price should I expect to pay? - I'm in Canada so can't accurately compare. They treated me well on the trade as well as discount from MSRP

thebigjimsho
06-03-13, 12:20 PM
Email James and you will be very pleased!

Tell him Shawn from L.A. sent you from the forum!

But, you didn't. flatrockguy was first. You just glommed on. hahahahahahahahahaha

Wraythe
06-04-13, 07:14 PM
James C. Quinn
313.724.1430 Direct
313.332.4847 Fax

I'm not impressed with James. I have left voicemail messages for him on Friday, Saturday, Monday and called him today.

Does anyone else have suggestions who to contact for an easy sell?

CavemanB52
06-04-13, 07:47 PM
Cathy Meijers. She works the same as James and will ship you the car and give you all discounts that exist and some she will research for you that you didn't think were possible. She usually works with folks who get the GM family discount. But if you don't have that she will get you the best deal available. Here are 3 numbers that I have used you won't be disappointed. Not sure which one is work or cell or what. Try them all she won't mind. 810-955-5688. 810-593-2277. 810-936-2572 Tell her Rudy Hubek Sent you.

----------

Her email is cymyersinc@yahoo.com

flatrockguy
06-04-13, 07:47 PM
I have never had a problem getting in touch with him, I wonder if he is on vacation or something?

CavemanB52
06-04-13, 07:54 PM
I'm active duty so I move a lot. Michigan is my home of record and thats where she is out of. But my V was somewhere in Ohio and I was in Louisiana. I went up there and got it. But my daughter's Buick she put it on a truck and brought to Louisiana to the nearest parking lot where it could be unloaded.

----------

My final price was $54, 000 from 68, 500. Can't beat it.

Wraythe
06-04-13, 08:38 PM
I just called Cathy on 810-955-5688 (mailbox full) and 810-593-2277 which I left a voicemail message on. The other phone number has been disconnected.

Thank you so much for this information!!! I owe you a quad shot latte :)

----------

If James is in the business to sell, I'm real disappointed. He should at least have an updated voicemail message. I'm used to having sales personal pursuing me for business, not the other way around. Let's hope he is alive and enjoying the Hawaiian sun :)

flatrockguy
06-04-13, 08:52 PM
I sent James an email at 7:59pm asking where he is and that I referred someone and they got no response and he a replyed by 8:31pm. He is out of the office until tomorrow but if you email him he will definately respond. You know everyone needs a vaction sometime:D I know when I'm on vacation the last thing I think about is work:ill:

Random84
06-04-13, 09:38 PM
I DID order, and now have a Manual Wagon with Recaros, no ultraview, etc.

1. Have you been happy with your Cadillac experience? Yes. But I was annoyed with the "rebate" crap that is completely unreliable. You have to assume it's not going to be there when your car is delivered 1-3 months later. In my case, the Loyalty $1K rebate expired the day before I received my Wagon - which isn't much of a loyalty reward at all. Frustrating, but I'm still happy with my purchase.

2. Has your CTS-V been reliable? Yes, but I've only driven it around 1200 miles so far. I expect no issues.

3. If you could go back in time, would you purchase your CTS-V again? Wouldn't change a thing. I'm glad I skipped the sunroof - it saved me a grand, added 2 inches in headroom and probably lost 75 pounds from the curb weight. My wife's wagon has the sunroof and it's always closed... but the window effect is nice for kids.

4. How is the build quality? Average to good. When you detail the car, you notice little things like imperfections in the body panels, paint under spray, pits or clumps here and there. Overall, it's as good as any other mass produced vehicle but remember: you're buying a fast, 6-speed wagon with 560 horsepower... NOT a show car.

5. Are you worried about the availability of parts, say five years from now? Nope. 6 years of warranty and GM has one hell of an aftermarket.

6. What price should I expect to pay? Invoice or $500 under PLUS any rebates, depending on your dealer and the arrangements. If they offer you MSRP - laugh and walk away. There is more money on the table, but for a special order that's about as good as it usually gets. If you buy off the lot, there should be another grand in there (under "invoice") depending on incentives. If you are trading in, you will lose at least 1-2K on the blue book of the trade, as the dealers have to take your car 6-8 weeks later with the additional wear, tear and mileage and that's somewhat of a risk, so they make more on your deal. Ask around for a GM friends/family discount - that's a few thousand more and is the best deal you'll get on a new CTSV.

For what it's worth, my dealer had "allocations" when I ordered during the last week of 2013 production - I drove my wagon off the lot 31 days after placing the order.

GM-4-LIFE
06-04-13, 09:56 PM
I think James was out of the office last week. He will get back to you.

Led Stanford is not open on the weekends.

I just texted him and gave him a heads up as well.

Trust me when I say you don't want to deal with anyone else on a V purchase other than James.
The guy is shockingly amazing when it comes to customer service. Be patient and he will get back to you.

CavemanB52
06-04-13, 10:43 PM
I just talked to cathy she is checking her messages and will give you a call shortly.

Wraythe
06-05-13, 01:05 AM
I just talked to cathy she is checking her messages and will give you a call shortly.

I spoke with Cathy several hours ago and emailed her the details of what I want. I'm hoping I can still order a 2013, otherwise I'm not sure about the new color selections for 2014.

I want to personally thank CavemanB52 and CTS-V-TWIN for all their help :)

----------

I DID order, and now have a Manual Wagon with Recaros, no ultraview, etc. I drove my wagon off the lot 31 days after placing the order.

Damn! I've been reading everywhere the order process is approximately 90 days. I'm planning to order my Vagon similar to yours. What color did you order? Thank you for the reply :)

GM-4-LIFE
06-05-13, 02:09 AM
No way to order a 2013. 2013 ordering closed back in April and 2014 model year production begins on Monday, June 10.

Hopefully, James will be able to help you out.

Wraythe
06-05-13, 09:00 PM
James called me today :) He apologized for the delay and gave me a reason. All I can stay is I'm damn impressed with James as he is knowledgable and experienced.

Everybody is correct, any new CTS-V ordered will be a 2014. James is in the process of finding out the granular details on the 2014 model year as codes have changed. Better yet, I'm trying to figure out which color to order :(

An estimated delivery on an CTS-V is about six weeks as GM will not be taking the first two weeks off in July as they normally do.

More to come ;)

flatrockguy
06-06-13, 10:04 AM
Glad to here that James is taking care of you. You won't be dissapointed.

GM-4-LIFE
06-06-13, 12:37 PM
Prepare to be amazed! James is simply the best!

If I owned a dealership, I would want James running it for me!

You will never buy a Chevy or Caddy from anyone else once you deal with James.

Tell him I said hello!!

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-07-13, 02:59 PM
James called me today :) He apologized for the delay and gave me a reason. All I can stay is I'm damn impressed with James as he is knowledgable and experienced.

Everybody is correct, any new CTS-V ordered will be a 2014. James is in the process of finding out the granular details on the 2014 model year as codes have changed. Better yet, I'm trying to figure out which color to order :(

An estimated delivery on an CTS-V is about six weeks as GM will not be taking the first two weeks off in July as they normally do.

More to come ;)

Hello Wraythe,

I am happy to see the interactions with other CTS-V owner's on here. James seems to be a person everyone loves. Happy to hear a representative at the Cadillac dealership cares about his customers and finding you the vehicle you are looking for. That will be exciting if you end up ordering a 2014 CTS-V!

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

sshu
06-10-13, 04:46 PM
What kind of deals are people getting? I hear discounts of 15k off but that sounds pretty heavy.

RGaret
06-10-13, 05:08 PM
15k sounds a bit high but not totally impossible. I got over 10k last year with GM supplier discount, regular incentive, and lease conquest. Best of all, I didn't need to negotiate. Just showed my paper to them and they wrote it up.

DiamondWhtV
06-10-13, 05:20 PM
The hardest part about ordering a new CTS-V is the wait. It will remind you of when you were a kid waiting for Christmas day. It will seem like forever.

Enjoy the new ride when you get it. (The wait is worth it)

CavemanB52
06-10-13, 11:18 PM
I got about 15k off but it was timing and circumstances. Dad is retired GM, I'm active duty military, and there were some incentives to boot. Added up to just short of 15k.