: just got off the phone with specter wrks

c5racr1
01-24-05, 03:42 PM
I just got off the phone with specter werks, they have a lot of stuff comming out vor the V. A heat extractor hood simular to the race car hood, but made more for the street. fender flares 19-13 rim rear 19-10 front, need to be installed by a body shop and the spoiler, which I purchased 399.00 + shipping, needs to be painted though. He also told me that C5 hubs will interchange with ours for a 5 lug sutup, and that the 06 Z06 rotors will work. later once the 06 Z06 parts are released, I will see if they will make a kit. I also found out that they built the Katech V (katech did the engine). But I forgot to ask about something for wheel hop! I will call tomorrow and ask. They are going to send pictures to me of all the stuff and I will try to post them, but as yall know I have been trying to post pictures of the LED lights for three days!

ctsvett
01-24-05, 03:53 PM
E-mail me anything
ctsvett@verizon.net

and I can post it on the forums and on the FAQ.

Reed
http://www.cadillacfaq.com

c5racr1
01-24-05, 04:29 PM
Well I just got off the phone with Jeff at specter werks he said that GM is aware of the problem with the wheel hop and that Howell Motorsports makes a different cradel bushing that will help, about as much as BMR kit but without the change in the ride quality. He said GM uses these bushings on their test cars, and that a mid year fix might be out. He further stated that Nothind short of a re-designed cradel will fix it. Just as I thought the cradel is Junk.

steve711
01-24-05, 04:57 PM
I've been hearing about this cradle for a while now,this sounds like its a good direction where to start fixing this hop problem.Im not to advaced when it comes to auto enginerring so can anyone please share a pic that shows these cradles?.

Vrocks
01-24-05, 05:43 PM
Well I just got off the phone with Jeff at specter werks he said that GM is aware of the problem with the wheel hop and that Howell Motorsports makes a different cradel bushing that will help, about as much as BMR kit but without the change in the ride quality. He said GM uses these bushings on their test cars, and that a mid year fix might be out. He further stated that Nothind short of a re-designed cradel will fix it. Just as I thought the cradel is Junk.

Well, at least they're acknowledging the problem! The new bushings will be nice if they work as well as the new Diff mount bushing.

We won't see a redesigned cradle until the redesigned '07 CTS comes out. :rolleyes: Which probably means a '08 CTS-V...

Art138
01-24-05, 05:48 PM
c5Racr1:

I called Specter Werks earlier too but was surprised that they do not paint the spoiler; With shipping and subsequent painting you should be close to six hundred dollars. Isn't this getting close to a dealer add on Price??? there has to be a better deal out there.

c5racr1
01-24-05, 06:16 PM
I have not found a better deal yet! My brother is a tech at a cadillac dealership localy. He better paint that BIT@$ for free! so that should keep it around 450 ish. ya know what they say, ya get what ya pay for. Besides I have not seen one that covers the 3rd brake light yet. I have checked out sopliers 4 less and the other companys but I like this one more.:thumbsup:

lasstss
01-24-05, 06:18 PM
c5Racr1:

I called Specter Werks earlier too but was surprised that they do not paint the spoiler; With shipping and subsequent painting you should be close to six hundred dollars. Isn't this getting close to a dealer add on Price??? there has to be a better deal out there.

Thats probably about right. The V isnt a Camaro. What do we have so far?
15k cars made? Not a lot of sales volume to get a better price. I could make a plug but it probably wouldnt save much money. Guess Ill get mine to the body shop for paint.

c5racr1
01-24-05, 09:17 PM
my ultimate would be a spoiler simular to the e46 m3

c5racr1
01-24-05, 09:19 PM
like this

c5racr1
01-24-05, 09:22 PM
Think you could glass on of these? would have to start at one side of the trunk, gradually taper where the 3rd brake light is and go to the other side of the trunk? ( it would be small and light enough to use 3m double side tape to hold it on, that is what the m3 uses-I had one) I think you should give it a try, price it right and you could be the next millionaire!!!!!:coolgleam

akm2k5
01-25-05, 01:52 AM
does anyone know if theres more rims on the way for the V (from any company)?

lasstss
01-25-05, 12:10 PM
The guy at CC wheel told me they had more designs in the works but I havent seen any.