: Towing: 2006 Escalade. Trans cooler necessary?

Kahlis
05-30-13, 02:46 PM
The wife and I just bought a 25' travel trailer. I know the Escalade has plenty of power to pull the 2400lbs camper, but I'm curious if a trans cooler is necessary. If the truck has one from the factory, the cooler should be integrated into the radiator. If it doesn't, would it be recommended to buy one?

Jophusp
05-30-13, 04:37 PM
Yes, your Escalade came stock with a small Tranny cooler, which is usually sufficient if your not pulling much for too long, just keep in mind that heat is your tranny's biggest enemy. If you will be climbing hills especially, keep an eye on it, and dont let it run too hot for too long. I religiously try to keep mine from climbing over 175. I have heard that is the magic number.

the cadillac man
05-30-13, 09:57 PM
Yes, your Escalade came stock with a small Tranny cooler, which is usually sufficient if your not pulling much for too long, just keep in mind that heat is your tranny's biggest enemy. If you will be climbing hills especially, keep an eye on it, and dont let it run too hot for too long. I religiously try to keep mine from climbing over 175. I have heard that is the magic number.

That and use the tow/haul mode on the tranny(I did when I towed a camper trailer)