: cadillac sts

yayacamp
05-30-13, 01:07 PM
So I have a 05 cadillac sts model just a few days ago my car got locked because it couldn't detect my remote. I got it to detect and unlock but since then now I can't open my trunk. With neither control nor the botton in my side door. Need help ? Should I just take it in to my nearest cadillac dealer?

Submariner409
05-30-13, 03:30 PM
Your question has no connection with registration problems and site related issues. Please read the descriptive text in each forum title bar to find out what is supposed to be posted in that forum/

Moved to the later Sigma-body "STS" forums.

Does this year "STS" have a valet switch ?

chazglenn3
05-30-13, 03:33 PM
Check the car battery.

EChas3
05-30-13, 08:55 PM
The Valet Switch in the Glove Box disables the trunk release. If you don't have a real key, get one now.

These cars are hard on batteries and when failing, members report weird behavior. If it tests good under a load test, you probably have a door handle switch, antenna or solinoid going out. Check out the 'Stcky' thread at the top of this forum for a link to dianose and repair.

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-30-13, 09:49 PM
So I have a 05 cadillac sts model just a few days ago my car got locked because it couldn't detect my remote. I got it to detect and unlock but since then now I can't open my trunk. With neither control nor the botton in my side door. Need help ? Should I just take it in to my nearest cadillac dealer?

Hello yayacamp,

I’m sorry to hear that you aren’t able to open your trunk on your STS. If you do end up taking it to the dealership and would like my assistance, feel free to private message me and I will assist you in working with the dealership. Thank you for taking the time to read my post!

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care