: air bag service on dic

Caddy Dave
05-30-13, 12:10 PM
Today on my way to work on my dic a service air bag came on but it would come on and off within the ride. Could it be something is lose, and if it is where is a good place I can check.

glake89
05-30-13, 12:32 PM
You'll have a DTC, then you'll know what to check.

08SRX
05-30-13, 12:32 PM
One place where airbag wires sometimes come loose is under the seats (occupant sensors). This can happen if you have stuff rolling around on the floor, move seats around a lot or stuffed something under.

There are deployment modules and airbag sensors all over the place. Checking all the connections to those would be a huge undertaking. Your best bet would be to get the code, since it will indicate which component is not working correctly. Once you find out which component it is, you can then start checking for loose wires.

Caddy Dave
05-30-13, 02:42 PM
how can i find out the code, and what is a DTC

----------

Don't mine about the dtc

----------

I well just look and see about any codes when i get home. Will the dtc give me codes even when the eng light is not on?

08SRX
05-30-13, 02:47 PM
In order to get the DTC codes you need a code reader. If you do not have one, you can try going to Autozone as they will usually read codes for free. For airbags, the check engine light does not come on, only the airbag indicator light.

glake89
05-30-13, 04:07 PM
DTC= Diagnostic Trouble Code. 08SRX apparently has code codes.:duck:

Caddy Dave
05-30-13, 06:46 PM
Thanks you all.

956Caddy
05-30-13, 06:51 PM
Could it also be the module going bad as in the recall?

Jim_V
06-02-13, 04:51 PM
Mine did same thing reached under drivers seat at front of seat pushed on connector and message went off.