: Rough day with the V.....

trekster
01-24-05, 02:50 AM
First, I was driving to drop someone off then some sob threw a egg on my car.:mad:
Then, I was driving on the freeway ready to go onto a different onramp and when I was making the turn my front left tire hit the curb at around 40mph. I was like o sh!t(car on the front left felt like it was skipping) then pulled on to the center divider of the 2 freeways with the emergency lights on. Called onstar Cadillac roadside picked me up and towed my car. Roadside Left the V at there yard since the dealer was closed. My brother picked me up from where they left my car at. No body Damage, I also checked under the car nothing was damaged or leaking. Roadside thinks when I hit the tire the pressure went and cracked the inside of the rotor or brake pad. Does anyone have an idea how much the rotor and or the brake pad costs?

At least my cousin and I are safe.
Going to the dealer tomorrow to get a rental and check out the V.

Devil_concours
01-24-05, 03:01 AM
First, I was driving to drop someone off then some sob threw a egg on my car.:mad:
Then, I was driving on the freeway ready to go onto a different onramp and when I was making the turn my front left tire hit the curb at around 40mph. I was like o sh!t(car on the front left felt like it was skipping) then pulled on to the center divider of the 2 freeways with the emergency lights on. Called onstar Cadillac roadside picked me up and towed my car. Roadside Left the V at there yard since the dealer was closed. My brother picked me up from where they left my car at. No body Damage, I also checked under the car nothing was damaged or leaking. Roadside thinks when I hit the tire the pressure went and cracked the inside of the rotor or brake pad. Does anyone have an idea how much the rotor and or the brake pad costs?

At least my cousin and I are safe.
Going to the dealer tomorrow to get a rental and check out the V.

did you check inside the wheel? How bad is it to drive around?
I guess it's time for you to get some drilled slotted rotors installed

PneuBird
01-24-05, 03:01 AM
Sorry about the bad luck Black Beast....let us know how the dealer visit turns out? :eek:

ylwjacket
01-24-05, 09:43 AM
I had a similar thing happen, except I drove off the road to miss a tree that was in the process of falling across the road. When I went off, I hit somem ground that had been rained on for about 3 weeks straight, and was really soggy. I was going about 35 when I swerved off the road. Hitting the mud broke the rack and pinion assembly, which took about 4 days and $1500 to fix.

When I came back and pulled the car out of the mud, the left front wheel was crazy. It would steer in one direction, but not so well in the other. I thought maybe I had unjointed or bent a stablilzer bar or something. No such luck, they were fine, but the rack and pinon was leaking, and had to be replaced.

I hope your thing isn't as bad as mine. My car was only 2 weeks old when I did that.

330xidrive
01-24-05, 01:54 PM
"...First, I was driving to drop someone off then some sob threw a egg on my car.:mad: ....."

Sorry to hear this. Why someone throw an egg on you car? :hmm: :helpless:
You should wash your car right away.:)

urbanski
01-24-05, 02:51 PM
sry dude :(

PneuBird
01-24-05, 02:57 PM
May the bird of paradise lay a big one on his head! Messing up a "V"....do the words "Dumb @ss" mean anything! :cookoo: By the way.....get that off your paint quick!!!

trekster
01-24-05, 04:38 PM
"...First, I was driving to drop someone off then some sob threw a egg on my car.:mad: ....."

Sorry to hear this. Why someone throw an egg on you car? :hmm: :helpless:
You should wash your car right away.:)
I don't know why the mofo threw the egg...I was in the freeway. I guess he/she was some jackass who likes to piss people off.
Well since I had the car towed overnight they weren't able able to wash the car until this morning. F**k hopefully my paint is not going to be ruined.

trekster
01-24-05, 04:41 PM
did you check inside the wheel? How bad is it to drive around?
I guess it's time for you to get some drilled slotted rotors installed
Whenever the car moves to a certain point you can hear a grind on the front left tire.

01-24-05, 05:04 PM
Whenever the car moves to a certain point you can hear a grind on the front left tire.

In my "drive like a pinball" days (teenager) I did this twice by sliding into curbs taking turns too fast (on bias-ply tires, probably!). Once I snapped a lower control arm, and once I bent the control arm mounts (those actually needed, if memory serves, to be straightened on a frame machine........).

Hopefully your issue is a minor one........

thebigjimsho
01-24-05, 05:32 PM
If you only need a rotor and pads, that won't cost you too much. I believe the rotors go for around $85 and the pads should be cheap as well.

trekster
01-24-05, 11:19 PM
It's a lot more serious than I thought.
The arm support mounts on the front tires are bent. The pinion is also bent and there might also be some frame damage. I'm getting a estimate and the rest of the problems tomorrow. It's going to cost a few thousand dollars.
I guess my V is going to get repaired for a few weeks. :(

This fits in as one of my worst weekends ever.
I might also need to get the car painted again.
At least I have full coverage insurance.

01-24-05, 11:49 PM
It's a lot more serious than I thought.
The arm support mounts on the front tires are bent. The pinion is also bent and there might also be some frame damage. I'm getting a estimate and the rest of the problems tomorrow. It's going to cost a few thousand dollars.
I guess my V is going to get repaired for a few weeks. :(

This fits in as one of my worst weekends ever.
I might also need to get the car painted again.
At least I have full coverage insurance.

Hey just remember it is just a hunk of steel; you are ok, and the car will get fixed......

Doug

trekster
01-24-05, 11:51 PM
Hey just remember it is just a hunk of steel; you are ok, and the car will get fixed......

Doug
Yeah you're right thanks. I just will be missing the early sunday morning drives for a few weeks.