: Need some help - Been in for service twice...

ATSGIRL
05-30-13, 08:26 AM
Good Morning! Hoping someone can help me out. I have had my ATS 2.0T for a little over a month and its been in for service twice. The first time because the radio/all lights on the display went black and stopped working (3 days after delivery). I was told it was fixed after a circuit was repaired. The next morning the lights were flickering again on the radio and all of the vents stopped working except for defrost. So back in it went and the whole center stack had to be replaced and vents I was told were fixed after being reprogrammed. Extremely frustrating. So now its 2 weeks later and so far so good except I noticed something odd - when I get in the car (open the door and sit down without starting the car) - the radio display is totally black - I could have sworn it did something before and I cant remember for the life of me. Does anyone know if the Cadillac logo is supposed to be displayed? I do not have the Cue system. I dont want to bring it back in if this is normal but for the life of me I thought it was suposed to do something. It acts like it wants to (sometimes glows blue for a second) then back to black until I start it up. Thanks for any help you can give!

Dave623
05-30-13, 08:59 AM
@ATSGIRL -- no CUE here and what you're seeing now I believe is normal, it's like that in mine. The screen does occasionally
shift from blue to black, sometimes just black. And, yes, once in a while the Caddy logo is there, other times not.

RippyPartsDept
05-30-13, 09:11 AM
there is an animation and a sound that is supposed to play while CUE boots up

check out the video... the boot up screen happens after 1 minute in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLh4y-FXCug

ATSGIRL
05-30-13, 09:22 AM
Thanks - this whole situation has been a nightmare.

----------

Thanks - I dont have CUE though. I would have if I would have known about it!! LOL

RippyPartsDept
05-30-13, 10:08 AM
oh, i'm not really sure what the dash is supposed to do if you don't have CUE ... we don't really see that many of them

Rozay619
05-30-13, 03:42 PM
I know for a fact that when the door is opened the dash should show the mileage... Are you at least seeing that?

ATSGIRL
05-31-13, 08:04 AM
Yeah I see the mileage on the drivers display - just nothing on the radio.

Dave623
05-31-13, 08:36 AM
@ATSGIRL -- normal condition for non-CUE ATS's.

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-31-13, 09:09 AM
Good Morning! Hoping someone can help me out. I have had my ATS 2.0T for a little over a month and its been in for service twice. The first time because the radio/all lights on the display went black and stopped working (3 days after delivery). I was told it was fixed after a circuit was repaired. The next morning the lights were flickering again on the radio and all of the vents stopped working except for defrost. So back in it went and the whole center stack had to be replaced and vents I was told were fixed after being reprogrammed. Extremely frustrating. So now its 2 weeks later and so far so good except I noticed something odd - when I get in the car (open the door and sit down without starting the car) - the radio display is totally black - I could have sworn it did something before and I cant remember for the life of me. Does anyone know if the Cadillac logo is supposed to be displayed? I do not have the Cue system. I dont want to bring it back in if this is normal but for the life of me I thought it was suposed to do something. It acts like it wants to (sometimes glows blue for a second) then back to black until I start it up. Thanks for any help you can give!

Hello ATSGIRL,

I am sorry you had to take your vehicle in a couple of times for service. I understand how this can be frustrating with only having had the vehicle for a month. I am not able to offer any technical advice because I am not a technician, but I want to assist in helping answer questions for you. I see you have gotten some good advice from other forum members on this thread. If you would like me to try and assist in answering this question, you can private message me with your VIN.

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service