: Kooks 1 7/8 headers

pdyoung
05-30-13, 02:52 AM
Got a question about the shape of the exhaust port holes on the kooks headers i just bought. They are " D " shaped like they should be on a LS7, that has 'D' shaped exhaust ports. I haven't had the chance to see the shape of the LSA exhaust port, but i'm assuming they are round like a LS3. If i use these headers and my heads have round ports, part of the port is going to be blocked off at the bottom, it just doesn't seem right. Has anyone else noticed this or are these the wrong headers for my 'V'. Any feed back on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

OldRoadDawg
05-30-13, 08:08 AM
A good question for some of us considering the purchase of headers and aren't familiar with the heads on the LSA engine.
I found some photos of stock LSA exhaust manifolds versus the LS9 exhaust. Never realized there was a difference.
LSA exhaust

LS9 exhaust

Trapspeed
05-30-13, 06:13 PM
If the ports don't match, chances are good you got the wrong ones shipped. Look into it further but don't use them. I wouldn't.

pdyoung
05-30-13, 09:14 PM
After doing some searching for images of LSA head exhaust ports, they do indeed have a 'D' shape to them, they are not round,so i guess my headers are correct. The stock LSA manifolds are round,this i think, would not effect the flow.

Trapspeed
05-30-13, 09:44 PM
Aa long as your research verifies the correct parts, go for it.