: CTS Coupe - Easy Entry Button on Seatback Not Working

blunted
05-30-13, 12:32 AM
Today I went to use the seat adjustment button on the back of the seat and realized both of them stopped working. I know the feature is disabled if the shifter is in drive but the car was in park, so I'm wondering if there's anything else I might be missing. Anyone else experience this?

jghiller
05-30-13, 03:55 AM
You are talking about the rocker button at the top of the back of the seats to move them forward for rear access, correct? When you try this, are your seats moved backwards following the exiting of the car using Easy Exit option? Both driver and passenger seat buttons dont work at all to allow easier rear exit?
Mine work fine and you can also depress the button multiple times after it stops its forward movement. Only issue is that moving the seats too far forward causes the raised headrest to hit the inside roof liner when you then pull the seats forward to access the rear.
Suggest taking it to dealer - sounds like a faulty set of switches however odd it would seem.
When you depress the rocker switch the seat is in its normal exit position and you havent pulled the seat forward prior to using rocker switch, correct?

WEMTX
05-30-13, 09:26 AM
Dealer repaired mine for both seats.
Operated fine for both seats.
Worked for a full week before breaking again. (Both Seats)
Perhaps I am doing something wrong.

blunted
05-30-13, 10:13 AM
You are talking about the rocker button at the top of the back of the seats to move them forward for rear access, correct? When you try this, are your seats moved backwards following the exiting of the car using Easy Exit option? Both driver and passenger seat buttons dont work at all to allow easier rear exit?
Mine work fine and you can also depress the button multiple times after it stops its forward movement. Only issue is that moving the seats too far forward causes the raised headrest to hit the inside roof liner when you then pull the seats forward to access the rear.
Suggest taking it to dealer - sounds like a faulty set of switches however odd it would seem.
When you depress the rocker switch the seat is in its normal exit position and you havent pulled the seat forward prior to using rocker switch, correct?
Correct, I tried it with the seat upright and folded forward... both don't work. I realized when I first got the car that their function was disabled once the car was shifted into Drive but I think that's the only time that should happen.

Dealer repaired mine for both seats.
Operated fine for both seats.
Worked for a full week before breaking again. (Both Seats)
Perhaps I am doing something wrong.
Did they tell you what it was by any chance? I was thinking it might be a fuse, but if that was the case I would think the regular seat adjustment switches would also stop working. Don't look forward to wasting a day at the dealer or the whole loaner thing... went thru that enough with my STS.

WEMTX
05-30-13, 10:39 AM
Correct, I tried it with the seat upright and folded forward... both don't work. I realized when I first got the car that their function was disabled once the car was shifted into Drive but I think that's the only time that should happen.

Did they tell you what it was by any chance? I was thinking it might be a fuse, but if that was the case I would think the regular seat adjustment switches would also stop working. Don't look forward to wasting a day at the dealer or the whole loaner thing... went thru that enough with my STS.

Don'k know. Many repairs were made at the same time. Don't think it is just a fuse. I'm not due for dervice until August. Hope to have it repaired again then. No one is ever in the back seat, but it is a nice to have feature for packages.

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-30-13, 07:12 PM
Today I went to use the seat adjustment button on the back of the seat and realized both of them stopped working. I know the feature is disabled if the shifter is in drive but the car was in park, so I'm wondering if there's anything else I might be missing. Anyone else experience this?

Hello blunted,

I apologize that you are experiencing an issue with your seat’s adjustment button on your CTS. If you are interested in taking your vehicle to the dealership, I would be more than happy to assist you in the process of working with the dealership. Send me a private message with your name, address, contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealership you would like to be in contact with, and we will start to look into your concern. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care