: cts suspension chassis same as cts-v suspension control arms, tie rods ect

mike6466
05-29-13, 11:01 PM
ok i crashed the car into a curb and i need to replace the upper and lower control arms front and rear left side. also tie rods and cradel for motor. also swaybar and tie rods.. my question is as i look on ebay and stuff, are the cts control arms the same as cts-v? also with other parts. just a genreal question for all suspension so i know that i can buy one from a cts model and fit it on the ctsv model. id like some input on this as im in bit of rish to get parts to the shop. the shop wants charge way to much for parts when i can find them cheaper through here or ebay or elsewhere. thanks

darkman
05-29-13, 11:28 PM
See attached, for some of your questions.

I use the GMPartsDirect data base as well as the Rock Auto lookup to identify parts and differences.

mike6466
05-30-13, 02:35 PM
Thank you very much. I take those are dealer prices

mike6466
05-30-13, 11:59 PM
im really just trying to find out if the 03-07 cts and 04-07 cts v front control arms upper and lower and rear ones are interchangable. im looking all over on ebay and cts that are being parted out and im wondering if i have to only get the ctsv parts. now i know some stuff i have to get ctsv parts but some stuff gotta be the same right? please help

darkman
05-31-13, 08:11 AM
im really just trying to find out if the 03-07 cts and 04-07 cts v front control arms upper and lower and rear ones are interchangable. im looking all over on ebay and cts that are being parted out and im wondering if i have to only get the ctsv parts. now i know some stuff i have to get ctsv parts but some stuff gotta be the same right? please help

Based on the PDF provided: (1) the front UPPER control arms are the same for both the CTS and the CTS-V because they have the same part number; (2) the front LOWER control arms are NOT the same for the CTS and the CTS-V because they each have their own part number; and (3) the REAR UPPER & LOWER control arms are the same for the CTS and the CTS-V because they have the same part number.

Before I spent a lot of money on any non-returnable parts, I would cross check this either with a GM parts vendor or one of the GM Parts data bases online. On the GMPartsDirect data base http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/catalog/?CFID=11865479&CFTOKEN=48422024, if you go through the parts ordering process all the way to checkout, but not actually checking out, it will even give you a part number.

Junior1
05-31-13, 12:58 PM
I have the rear control arms if needed...

mike6466
05-31-13, 07:18 PM
Darkman you are the best!!! Thanks a million.

Junior1. I will be needing them. Send me an email mikecobra_1@yahoo.com

mike6466
09-10-13, 05:22 PM
I'm still looking for front bumper and left fog light. Also the left fender. Black please!!!!