: Question about The Escalades

busters
05-29-13, 10:51 PM
Anyone know if Cadillac finally changed their 3rd row seats to be actual seats vs pegs you sit on and hold your knees against your chest? I currently have an Acadia I'd love to trade in but after looking at the videos ( even the person in them is uncomfortable ) and seeing one at the dealership I decided to wait. The Acadia has spacious 3rd row seats and even with the highest tire trim.

I'm completely unsure why Cadillac doesn't follow the same w/ their escalade, I mean you can't even fully put everything down flat as the rear seats are above everything.

If they've fixed this issue then I'm all for buying else for now it just remains a 5 passenger for the mean time. Though I'm aware the ESV is a bit better the seating is still horrible for the amount of space that could be rendered available. Hopefully someone else shares my concern as I rarely see this brought up.

Hopefully this doesn't offend anyone, just very curious as I want to upgrade. I've read somewhere that the seating was altered a bit o nthe new 2014 but still no official documentation or pictures can be found. Any information is appreciated.

soulsea
05-29-13, 11:01 PM
Actually this gets brought up a lot, and is one of the major gripes from many potential buyers. The reason the 3rd row seats don't fold flat in the GMT900 SUVs is because there's a solid rear axle underneath them. This is a plus if you're towing and a negative if you're carrying more than five people on a regular basis.

It is rumored that the GM has somehow managed to design the next gen. SUVs with 3rd row fold flat seats whilst retaining the SRA, but no confirmation on this yet.

I'm on my forth one of these SUVs and I've had the 3rd row seats off the truck and in storage the first day off the lot in each one of them ... but that's because of the extra space that creates, the reduced weight, and the fact that I've never have had the need for them.

Cadsrfun
05-29-13, 11:07 PM
Anyone know if Cadillac finally changed their 3rd row seats to be actual seats vs pegs you sit on and hold your knees against your chest? I currently have an Acadia I'd love to trade in but after looking at the videos ( even the person in them is uncomfortable ) and seeing one at the dealership I decided to wait. The Acadia has spacious 3rd row seats and even with the highest tire trim.

I'm completely unsure why Cadillac doesn't follow the same w/ their escalade, I mean you can't even fully put everything down flat as the rear seats are above everything.

If they've fixed this issue then I'm all for buying else for now it just remains a 5 passenger for the mean time. Though I'm aware the ESV is a bit better the seating is still horrible for the amount of space that could be rendered available. Hopefully someone else shares my concern as I rarely see this brought up.

Hopefully this doesn't offend anyone, just very curious as I want to upgrade. I've read somewhere that the seating was altered a bit o nthe new 2014 but still no official documentation or pictures can be found. Any information is appreciated.

Sounds to me like the Acadia is just perfect for you.

MrHolland
05-30-13, 12:17 AM
I heard fold flat is somewhat deceiving, its a raised floor type of thing.. Just what I heard, I think.

busters
05-30-13, 01:57 AM
Actually this gets brought up a lot, and is one of the major gripes from many potential buyers. The reason the 3rd row seats don't fold flat in the GMT900 SUVs is because there's a solid rear axle underneath them. This is a plus if you're towing and a negative if you're carrying more than five people on a regular basis.

It is rumored that the GM has somehow managed to design the next gen. SUVs with 3rd row fold flat seats whilst retaining the SRA, but no confirmation on this yet.

I'm on my forth one of these SUVs and I've had the 3rd row seats off the truck and in storage the first day off the lot in each one of them ... but that's because of the extra space that creates, the reduced weight, and the fact that I've never have had the need for them.

Oh I really hope so I'd love to jump on one, they're super spacious other than the seating issue. That + the amenities and all makes it great for the entire family and mine is big~ Appreciate the info , and glad I'm not the only one !

Also is your model the ESV or the Normal Escalade? Aiming at the normal but depending on rumors the fix may possible be w/ the ESV or both?

Sounds to me like the Acadia is just perfect for you.

Not really, the escalade has more space just waiting on the 3rd row seats to be fixed then it would be more for the family than the Acadia, My question was more based on the current issue w/ the Escalade's 3rd row seating and looking for updated information, sorry if I confused you.

Cadsrfun
05-30-13, 10:55 AM
Not really, the escalade has more space just waiting on the 3rd row seats to be fixed then it would be more for the family than the Acadia, My question was more based on the current issue w/ the Escalade's 3rd row seating and looking for updated information, sorry if I confused you.

It wasn't clear to me you were looking for more room in your "upgrade". As for me the third row seating is fine as my kids are still young and fit back there just fine and I like the fact that the whole rear seat is easily removed for hauling stuff (I have the ESV). It just seems that in keeping the RSA design having seating that would fold flat would be a challenge. It would sure be a nice feature in the new 2014 model though. I agree there seems to be no information about it on the net. Maybe someone has some inside info.

shore
05-30-13, 12:49 PM
I for one would MUCH rather they pull back the 2nd row and do away with the 3rd row seating. That or at least give the option of letting the 2nd row slide back if they 2rd row is removed. Tall people in the 2nd row is not exactly comfy.

blackex
05-30-13, 01:07 PM
I for one would MUCH rather they pull back the 2nd row and do away with the 3rd row seating. That or at least give the option of letting the 2nd row slide back if they 2rd row is removed. Tall people in the 2nd row is not exactly comfy.

Didn't they accomplish this with the ESV?

shore
05-30-13, 01:52 PM

Do not want an ESV.

ELUSIVE
05-30-13, 02:12 PM

They did not accomplish that with the ESV. The 2nd row is ridiculously small in the ESV in my opinion.

busters
05-30-13, 06:52 PM
They did not accomplish that with the ESV. The 2nd row is ridiculously small in the ESV in my opinion.

Yeah and w/ the size increase over others I'm not sure why this is. The room in between seats is tiny as well. Other models ( non cadillac ) have the option to move back and forth and you'd figure for all the luxury of price in this car that'd have these standard features as well.

ELUSIVE
05-30-13, 07:16 PM
Yeah and w/ the size increase over others I'm not sure why this is. The room in between seats is tiny as well. Other models ( non cadillac ) have the option to move back and forth and you'd figure for all the luxury of price in this car that'd have these standard features as well.

I agree completely.
There is however tons of storage space behind the 3rd row. I would have preferred an extra 4-6 inches of room in the 2nd row and less storage space behind the 3rd row if it were me.

busters
06-01-13, 12:06 AM
I agree completely.
There is however tons of storage space behind the 3rd row. I would have preferred an extra 4-6 inches of room in the 2nd row and less storage space behind the 3rd row if it were me.

They honestly should be adding more options vs taking so many away. I think if they fixed that up and finally got rid of the god awful navigation, and added the ability for 2nd row to move forward and back at least 6-8 inches, it'd be a dream come true. I can't believe I'm actually looking @ a navigator now due to all this lol. ( JUST looking that is )

busters
06-01-13, 02:26 PM
I agree completely.

They honestly should be adding more options vs taking so many away. I think if they fixed that up and finally got rid of the god awful navigation, and added the ability for 2nd row to move forward and back at least 6-8 inches, it'd be a dream come true. I can't believe I'm actually looking @ a navigator now due to all this lol. ( JUST looking that is )

soulsea
06-01-13, 02:35 PM
I can't believe I'm actually looking @ a navigator now due to all this lol. ( JUST looking that is )

http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/s444/soulsea1/Random/disgusted-clint-eastwood_zps7dc9fa98.gif

MrHolland
06-01-13, 04:01 PM
I'm not even going to address the Navigator comment..... I can't believe someone would put an Acadia on the same level as a Cadillac for comparison purposes, not that there is anything wrong with an Acadia. I would however be willing to wager that the purchaser of an Escalade will more than likely be exclusive to the front row. Like the old adage goes -- you please some of the people all the time, all of the people some of the time, but you simply can't please all of the people all of the time.

JMHO....