: Is it possible to swap 2nd row bucket chairs to bench????

sosatyme72
05-29-13, 10:39 PM
So i just happened to come across a 2nd bench seat that is coming off a '04 ESV. I have a '03 ESV would it be as simple as a
swap to do this?? or is there modifications that need to be done...Im very curious now..

Also I am not the original owner but what comes standard for the 2nd row seating? are captain buckets seats more than
bench or vise versa?

the cadillac man
05-30-13, 12:11 AM
So i just happened to come across a 2nd bench seat that is coming off a '04 ESV. I have a '03 ESV would it be as simple as a
swap to do this?? or is there modifications that need to be done...Im very curious now..

Also I am not the original owner but what comes standard for the 2nd row seating? are captain buckets seats more than
bench or vise versa?

Should just swap out with little issue

mikedyk43
05-30-13, 12:57 AM

bench or vise versa?

The captains chairs can be swapped with the bench without issue, however the seat frames are different from the shorter wheel-based truck and the EXT/ESV models. The longer wheel-based versions have a flat frame while the short version has a step up in the frame to accommodate for the rear wheel well.

sosatyme72
05-30-13, 10:24 AM
ok so as long as i swap from 2 esv models I should be good?

the cadillac man
05-30-13, 11:20 AM
ok so as long as i swap from 2 esv models I should be good?

Yep it will work

YoshiMan
05-30-13, 09:10 PM
Ha ha! You don't live in Denver by chance do you? I have the bench and would prefer the Captains chairs!

the cadillac man
05-30-13, 09:54 PM
Ha ha! You don't live in Denver by chance do you? I have the bench and would prefer the Captains chairs!

Me nope

sosatyme72
05-30-13, 10:39 PM
out of curiousity what do 2nd row benches go for?

mikedyk43
05-30-13, 11:16 PM
out of curiousity what do 2nd row benches go for?

Usually depends on the condition, but somewhere between $200-$500. I just recently found a bench for mine off Craigslist for $200 in almost new condition.

sosatyme72
07-12-13, 01:21 PM
have a question, my captain seats have heat on them , if i switch to bench do those have heat as well?

the cadillac man
07-12-13, 06:13 PM
have a question, my captain seats have heat on them , if i switch to bench do those have heat as well?

Yep the bench seat has heat as well