: Where can i get another key fob for my '03 ESV?

sosatyme72
05-29-13, 08:31 PM
When I purchased the truck the owner said all he had was 1 key and the fob which is labeled#2 on the back of it. I want to get another key and fob just in case god forbid i loose my only set. Where can I get these for a reasonable price, do i have to go to gealer for it and get it programmed? I was reading that these year trucks dont have a transponder chip in the key is that true??

Also I have a remote start that i hit the fob to start do I have to do anything special to setup the new one to work with remote starter? thanks !

boge
05-29-13, 08:58 PM
I went to key-less remote.com I got a key fob that works with my remote starter and an extra key with the Cadillac emblem on it. Both items together ran me about $55 . The key fob was brand new and easy to program and I had the key cut at my local hardware store.

grayparatrooper
05-30-13, 04:49 PM
you can get a new key made from cadillac for $15 its just a basic key no trans sponder thing and i got 2 remotes off ebay for $22.

sosatyme72
05-30-13, 06:00 PM
ok do you have to take the remote/fob to dealer to program? does it conflict with the original fob?

you can get a new key made from cadillac for $15 its just a basic key no trans sponder thing and i got 2 remotes off ebay for $22.

the cadillac man
05-30-13, 10:03 PM
ok do you have to take the remote/fob to dealer to program? does it conflict with the original fob?

Yep the dealer is the best place but you can do yourself but its a bit tricky

Silent_Assasin
06-09-13, 02:16 AM
When I purchased the truck the owner said all he had was 1 key and the fob which is labeled#2 on the back of it. I want to get another key and fob just in case god forbid i loose my only set. Where can I get these for a reasonable price, do i have to go to gealer for it and get it programmed? I was reading that these year trucks dont have a transponder chip in the key is that true??

Also I have a remote start that i hit the fob to start do I have to do anything special to setup the new one to work with remote starter? thanks ! Thankfully there is no chip in the key! ...EBay is BY FAR the best place to buy these from! way cheaper! Even just for the plastic and buttons once they get wore down you can replace them for under 5 dollars!....look no where else!

rfishoutofwater
06-09-13, 04:05 PM
We bought ours on ebay and was super easy to program. Also was the cheapest way to get them.

HoustonBussa
06-10-13, 12:41 AM
Easy to program. No need for the dealer. You will need the old remote as when you do it, it deletes all current remotes. I think up to four remotes. There's a writeup on the forum. I believe that's where I found it.

Pitbull14218
06-10-13, 07:52 PM
Is there a certain part number or model range that will work with a 2002-06 Escalade? Or can you do it with the newer remotes?

the cadillac man
06-10-13, 08:28 PM
Is there a certain part number or model range that will work with a 2002-06 Escalade? Or can you do it with the newer remotes?

The remotes for the 07 and up won't work with the second gen and older escalades

grayparatrooper
06-11-13, 01:29 AM
Just eBay escalade remote 06 they're all the same it's a rather a lame looking remote for such a expensive car originally lol but they are cheap and easy as heck to program.

the cadillac man
06-11-13, 11:52 AM
Just eBay escalade remote 06 they're all the same it's a rather a lame looking remote for such a expensive car originally lol but they are cheap and easy as heck to program.

You hit the nail on the head there while the truck may win in the looks department the remotes do not

Silent_Assasin
06-11-13, 03:06 PM
You hit the nail on the head there while the truck may win in the looks department the remotes do not ....AMEN....I was pretty disapointed in my key fobb, considering its the same exact one my 99 Denali had, only the Denali had an extra button for the rear hatch, since I have the EXT i obviously dont have that button!...Pretty lame looking if you ask me!...And also the cadillac emblem on the key's always just come off, which makes them look even worse!

the cadillac man
06-11-13, 03:16 PM
....AMEN....I was pretty disapointed in my key fobb, considering its the same exact one my 99 Denali had, only the Denali had an extra button for the rear hatch, since I have the EXT i obviously dont have that button!...Pretty lame looking if you ask me!...And also the cadillac emblem on the key's always just come off, which makes them look even worse!

My second key has done that and it looks pitiful I may replace it but since I only use it when I take the truck to the shop I may not