: New Member: POPO from PA.

popo8
05-29-13, 05:25 PM
Hi everyone,

I figured I would introduce myself with a quick post. My name is Larry, and I am from Eastern PA. As the title hints, I am a Police Officer, and will hit my 12 year anniversary this year in August.

Last summer I purchased a used Cadillac Escalade, and have been enjoying using it as my Daily Driver. I traded in my purchased new, 2000 Montero Sport LS that I had done alot of modifications to, but it was time for a little more of a "grown up" vehicle. Plus being the car addict that I am, I needed something that could tow my other toys (if they ever broke).

Only mods I did... was a used set of 22s from a friend with an avalanche, and a COI on its way.

Now for some pics.

popo8
05-29-13, 05:30 PM
Oh yeah.. I also co-own a forum called LTXtech.com which is based off of the 2nd generation LT1 engine platform.... Im a bit of a post whore also. lol

http://ltxtech.com/forums/forum.php

PICS of SOME of my other toys....

orconn
05-29-13, 05:35 PM
Welcome to the Forums!

popo8
05-29-13, 08:31 PM
Thankyou... And let me extend an offer to help out with anyone with any cop questions....(from my PA perspective).

talismandave
05-29-13, 09:28 PM
....cheese it guys.....the cops are here!:peeking:

Good evening officer.:halo:

Welcome to the forum!:smilewide:

CadillacLuke24
05-29-13, 09:59 PM
Oooooh you have some fun toys! Right brand too (Chevy FTMFW!!!)

Welcome, and sweet Escalade! You will like it!

Hoosier Daddy
05-29-13, 10:02 PM
Thankyou... And let me extend an offer to help out with anyone with any cop questions....(from my PA perspective).

Welcome to the forums. And since you offered............

Back in '92 I went to court for a failure to stop ticket. I had stopped but I could understand how the cop could have made the mistake.

I was approaching a red light where I was going to turn right. A cop car was waiting to turn left onto the street I was on. I could see the driver and partner talking and laughing and not watching me. I stopped at the light and immediately turned (legal in AZ) and accelerated hard. This was in a Syclone which meant I was VERY quickly up to speed. About a half mile later, those cops pulled me over and wrote a ticket for failure to stop. I figured they probably glanced over and saw me moving faster than they thought possible if I had stopped and had jumped to a bad conclusion.

To make a long story short, in court they tried to make what they said I did seem worse by claiming there was bumper to bumper traffic so I should have waited for the light to change but also that I was speeding while they tried to catch me. I pointed out how those both couldn't be true and also that If I had just been going the speed limit (I wasn't because traffic was slow) for them to catch me in a half mile after having to get turned around would mean they would have been going at least 60 MPH in said bumper to bumper traffic. Plus I had a G-analyst in the Syclone and printed out the 8 minutes prior to the stop and it showed I had made a right turn after stopping for .2 seconds. Now obviously there was no chain of custody or anything but the judge decided to accept it in light of the other testimony. I was found not guilty.

On the way out, the cop who wrote the ticket came up to me in the parking lot and gave me what he said was his home phone number and told me to call him so we could meet somewhere to discuss things.

My question is, do you have any idea what he might have wanted to talk about? And since I never called him, if it ever happened again, should I?

Ranger
05-29-13, 10:45 PM
:welcome:

MoistCabbage
05-29-13, 11:04 PM

Nice Grand Sport :drool: .

popo8
05-30-13, 12:08 AM
Welcome to the forums. And since you offered............

Back in '92 I went to court for a failure to stop ticket. I had stopped but I could understand how the cop could have made the mistake.

I was approaching a red light where I was going to turn right. A cop car was waiting to turn left onto the street I was on. I could see the driver and partner talking and laughing and not watching me. I stopped at the light and immediately turned (legal in AZ) and accelerated hard. This was in a Syclone which meant I was VERY quickly up to speed. About a half mile later, those cops pulled me over and wrote a ticket for failure to stop. I figured they probably glanced over and saw me moving faster than they thought possible if I had stopped and had jumped to a bad conclusion.

To make a long story short, in court they tried to make what they said I did seem worse by claiming there was bumper to bumper traffic so I should have waited for the light to change but also that I was speeding while they tried to catch me. I pointed out how those both couldn't be true and also that If I had just been going the speed limit (I wasn't because traffic was slow) for them to catch me in a half mile after having to get turned around would mean they would have been going at least 60 MPH in said bumper to bumper traffic. Plus I had a G-analyst in the Syclone and printed out the 8 minutes prior to the stop and it showed I had made a right turn after stopping for .2 seconds. Now obviously there was no chain of custody or anything but the judge decided to accept it in light of the other testimony. I was found not guilty.

On the way out, the cop who wrote the ticket came up to me in the parking lot and gave me what he said was his home phone number and told me to call him so we could meet somewhere to discuss things.

My question is, do you have any idea what he might have wanted to talk about? And since I never called him, if it ever happened again, should I?

Lol... Im sorry Im laughing because I did not see that ending comming. lol.

I have no idea why he would have wanted u to call... But if ur concerned for ur safety , report it to his dept... If u are not...Then dont sweat it.

Im thinking maybe he liked u and was waiting till after there was not a ticket/traffic stop/court connection to give u the digits.

Either way...keep the number he wrote down...and if he was to ever become a problem in the future...u have something pesonal given to u...in his own handwritting to show his superiors for when THAT investigation begins.

Now...not much of a cop question, but i hope that helps... lol

popo8
05-30-13, 12:12 AM
....cheese it guys.....the cops are here!:peeking:

Good evening officer.:halo:

Welcome to the forum!:smilewide:

Lol... Thanku....

I do love it...esp at 6'4" tall and 250...it fits me much better than my old montero sport...and the 6.0 is much nicer than the 6cyl.

Im def a chevy/gm guy....although we also have a cherokee forbher winter beater...and genesis coupe track for her DD..

Thankyou

Nice Grand Sport :drool: .

The GS has been one of my 3 dream cars since i could drive...the other two are the Countach and the Lotus turbo Esprit.

And thanku .

MrHolland
05-30-13, 12:36 AM
Welcome to the forum. Lots of good people and info in here. Enjoy your stay!!!

popo8
05-30-13, 12:52 AM
Welcome to the forum. Lots of good people and info in here. Enjoy your stay!!!

Thanku sir

basscatt
05-30-13, 07:34 PM

------------------------------------------------
brown noser - :histeric:

popo8
05-31-13, 12:00 AM
Lol...

CadillacLuke24
05-31-13, 06:52 PM
------------------------------------------------
brown noser - :histeric:

:rolleyes:

popo8
06-01-13, 07:40 AM
Well thanku all for the welcomes... I look fwd to spending some time on here.

Cadillac Kid03
06-02-13, 11:13 PM
Welcome Mr 5.0... lol :thumbsup:

http://i44.tinypic.com/5zqtu9.jpg

popo8
06-03-13, 02:03 AM

http://i44.tinypic.com/5zqtu9.jpg

Touche' and thanku.

02603sec
06-05-13, 10:13 PM
Welcome from the new hope pa area.

popo8
06-05-13, 11:01 PM
Welcome from the new hope pa area.

Thanku!

Where is New Hope?

Kingoftypos
06-05-13, 11:55 PM

Heyyy I might of been to that DD years ago. Lol though I'm on the other side of the state.

But I do have a question for Mr popo. I am sure you've seen this story. My question is what would you do?

A police officer was staking out a well-known bar to bust some potential DWI-ers. As it neared closing time, an extremely intoxicated man stumbled out of the bar and spent 30 minutes looking for his car. When all the other drivers had left, the drunk finally located his vehicle. He spent another 20 minutes fumbling for his keys and trying to unlock his car. Finally, he got in and eventually managed to start his car. As soon as he pulled away, the police officer went after him and pulled him over, giving him the breathalizer test. It came up negative. "How could this be?" the officer sputtered. "I saw you! You were falling all over the place!" The driver grinned and said, "Tonight I'm the Designated Decoy."

Read more at http://www.snopes.com/autos/law/decoy.asp#hCP9l0Hq1BofOvBH.99

KOT

popo8
06-06-13, 12:19 AM
Lol... Thats a classic.

And thanku!

Jersey Joe
06-08-13, 03:35 PM
Welcome. I'm kinda new here also.

I've been to New Hope. It's close to NJ on the Delaware. Kind of an artsy town.

popo8
06-08-13, 03:51 PM
Welcome. I'm kinda new here also.

I've been to New Hope. It's close to NJ on the Delaware. Kind of an artsy town.

Thanku...and since ur newish...welcome to u as well.

orconn
06-08-13, 04:45 PM
New Hope, PA is located in Bucks County in eastern Pennsylvania and sit along side of the Delaware River near where Washington made his famous crossing of that river. During the last century New Hope was a thriving artist enclave and was the home of several different groups of American artists.

Today it is really more of a tourist town providing an easy day or weekend getaway from Philadelphia and New York. There are many restaurants and shops catering to this trade.

As a teenager, back in the late 1950's, I spent many a Sunday afternoon, with friends, in New Hoe as a respite from my boarding prep school which was located nearby. Today it tends to be highly over crowded and a highly over rated getaway from suburban and urban life!

Cadillac Kid03
06-08-13, 05:10 PM
New Hope, PA is located in Bucks County in eastern Pennsylvania and sit along side of the Delaware River near where Washington made his famous crossing of that river. During the last century New Hope was a thriving artist enclave and was the home of several different groups of American artists.

Today it is really more of a tourist town providing an easy day or weekend getaway from Philadelphia and New York. There are many restaurants and shops catering to this trade.

As a teenager, back in the late 1950's, I spent many a Sunday afternoon, with friends, in New Hoe as a respite from my boarding prep school which was located nearby. Today it tends to be highly over crowded and a highly over rated getaway from suburban and urban life!New Hope i heard some bad things about that place... I'v been there once pretty nice other then that bridge.