Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Debating on Buying This Car

3K views 25 replies 13 participants last post by  IBMike 
#1 ·
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...8000&listingId=345002699&listingIndex=3&Log=0

First off, Hi, I'm the new guy from Utah. I've always LOVED the CTSV. I almost bought an SRT8 Charger, but I always regret buying a new car because of how quickly it depreciates. So, I'm landing on this CTSV that is exactly what I'm going for.

A couple questions:

Are the steering wheels heated?
Can you stream music via bluetooth?
How would you rate the Bose? My current car has it and I'm not terribly impressed.
No cooled seats with the Recaro's, correct?

Thanks everyone, I think I know most about the car but for some reason haven't had those questions answered.

Kevin

See less See more
#16 ·
That is extremely generous of you. I really appreciate it.

Kevin

----------

That's a really good point. I just really want a black or gray automatic CTSV with black Recaro's. I don't care as much about the tune, CAI or exhaust. In fact, I'd prefer it without so it hasn't been tampered with. I definitely want to keep less than 15k miles and getting it for 50 would be awesome!

----------

Not too long ago there was a thread from someone who bought a car with cool mods and a tune -- and then calamity happened and warranty was disavowed because of the tune. So doublecheck warranty coverage.
That's a very good point. I'll bring that up for sure.

----------

Car has not been in for any service..
Hmmm... At all, or just at a Caddy dealer?

Kevin

----------

I'd stay away.

The green belt is probably from a pulley swap which would require a tune and void the warranty.

Too many mods on a newer car without having the original owner to give complete details. It's a $55k shot in the dark.
This is why I love forums. Thank you!

I just want a stock black Auto CTSV with Recaros with under 15k miles. I'm sure they are out there, that one just happened to catch my eye more than others.

Kevin

#9 · (Edited)
There are lots of 12s out there under $50k... though it's not a horrible deal with the low mileage, Recaros, CAI & exhaust.

Given they're not a Caddy dealer, you may be able to exploit their lack of knowledge on the values of the Recaros, which aren't mentioned in the listing. They also don't mention the CAI & exhaust. I'd throw them back a couple listings on 12 Black Diamonds without Recaros that are selling for $50k. With any luck, you'll at least get them to meet you in the middle @ $52.500.

#11 ·
Cai and exhaust won't void the warranty. But a tune will. Be cautious and make the dearler put in writing that there is no tune and factory warranty is in tact. Drive it for a few tousand miles to make sure everything is sound. Then mod the hell out of it. Nice car if everything checks out.

#14 ·
Why does it have a green serpentine belt? Thats really weird, I don't know if that's stock. Maybe it had a pulley changed? I thought all OEM belts were black. I could be wrong. There is no way an Infiniti dealer can check the GM ECU. I suggest go for a long test drive and stop off at a GM dealer and let them check it out.

#23 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.