: New guy here!

Russell_i
05-29-13, 02:31 PM
Hey I just bought my ctsv last week and I basically did all my research on this website before I bought it. This website very helpful in every way. But yea I bought a 06 black ctsv with 61k miles with only muffler deletes and res delete. Uuc short shifter and steel braided brake lines. I also have a few questions can a regular cts tail lights and reverse lights fit perfect on a v? Because Ibought the car with dark tinted taillights and I don't really like the black on black and having issues with inspections here in houston lol

Andringa
05-29-13, 03:58 PM
Welcome! As far as I know the brake and reverse lights are interchangeable with the normal CTS.

Are they tinted with a film or paint? If it is a film you should be able to pull it off.

tophat
05-29-13, 04:00 PM
Yup they are the same lenses between the V and base cts. Congrats on you purchase and Im sure you will enjoy it

Wingsfan4life
05-29-13, 04:20 PM
Congrats!! :) start looking into new tires!!! Your gonna need em' soon :)

Russell_i
05-30-13, 11:51 AM
They are painted on. I don't want to go threw the process of sanding and compound rubbing so I put them on craigslist and plenty of base cts's replied and are down for a trade. I hope my tires last awhile I'm kinda a baller in a budget with school coming up right now haha. If they last me til October I'm good

----------

Also I'll post pics up when I get home