: Thinking of Getting a V.

Pimp_Cadi04
01-23-05, 12:50 AM
I know this dealership who has a used 2005 CTS-V it has 2,500 miles on it. The exterior color is blue, the interior color is black. I don't know all the features and options that are included, don't wanna tell the price cause I don't think that he knows what he is doing.

Wut should I expect from the V?

Avejoe
01-23-05, 12:59 AM
A big ol Smile and you will be taking the long way from now on : )

Avejoe
01-23-05, 01:07 AM
I am going to say this and I mean it. I've had mine for almost a year and I still love it like the first time I drove it. It is not perfect but, it has been a remarkable experiance since day one. I know it's only a car, but it has a personality that is exceptional. I suggest U go to that dealer and take it for a drive and pepair yourself, cause it will follow U home

CarToys
01-23-05, 01:18 AM
It's BLUE!?:hmm:

BowenCT
01-23-05, 01:23 AM
It's BLUE!?:hmm:

Stealth grey

01-23-05, 10:58 AM
I am going to say this and I mean it. I've had mine for almost a year and I still love it like the first time I drove it. It is not perfect but, it has been a remarkable experiance since day one. I know it's only a car, but it has a personality that is exceptional. I suggest U go to that dealer and take it for a drive and pepair yourself, cause it will follow U home

agreed.

All of the possible answers to your questions can be found by bouncing around this forum, and by looking at the FAQ at www.cadillacfaq.com (http://www.cadillacfaq.com). The vast majority of us are very happy, but if you are looking for perfection you will need to look elsewhere (and be prepared to spend a lot more money or have a lot less fun).

Dealers who don't know what they are doing are not in business for too long. Resale on these cars is not great; you can sale a LOT of $$ is you are willing to buy used. You can find some resale price info on this forum, at www.edmunds.com (http://www.edmunds.com) and elsewhere. Also lots for sale on eBay (just search cts-v).

Good luck

GNSCOTT
01-23-05, 11:25 AM
SOunds like a V clone, especially if it is blue. THe stealth gray doesn't look too blue in person. If the price is too good to be true, it problably is. I dobt the owner of an 05V (purchased last 6 mos) got hosed on a trade in, and they bring a good price at dealer auctions.

lasstss
01-23-05, 11:34 AM
Whatever you do, dont go in loving the car. They pick up on that! Be pragmatic.. Youv'e seen it and mildly interested. Looking for the best price and you have seen a few around..
Good luck, the V is a bad -ass ride..:D

Mbai2
01-23-05, 11:58 AM
Pop the hood open and make sure what's supposed to be under the hood is actually there. The fact that the car is blue makes me think that it's not a real V. If you want to be less conspicuous about it, make sure the wheels are six lug and not five.

Pimp_Cadi04
01-23-05, 11:14 PM
thanx for all the info. can't wait to get it and pretty sure its a V it just looks blue in the pictures.
CTS-V 1.jpg (attachment.php?attachmentid=6856&stc=1)
CTS-V 2.jpg (attachment.php?attachmentid=6857&stc=1)
CTS-V 4.jpg (attachment.php?attachmentid=6858&stc=1)

StealthV
01-23-05, 11:39 PM
From your photos, that is definitely a V with stealth gray paint. V giveaways: Brembo brakes, 6-bolt wheels, rear bumper, V speedo, etc. :)

Bob in NY
01-23-05, 11:42 PM
What's the asking price? What's the mileage?

BowenCT
01-24-05, 12:15 AM
What's the asking price? What's the mileage?

See post #1 in this thread.

CTSV05
01-24-05, 02:17 AM
Looks V To Me!!

Well, if you are a whiner, and don't like a manual, and want 35 mpg, don't buy it.

BUT....if you want more smiles per gallon, and a bad-ass ride you can take 3 others to dinner...quickly mind you....then DO IT!!!

Playdrv4me
01-24-05, 02:24 AM
Car dealers do not typically "not know what they are doing". Post the price please... We can tell you if its as good a deal as you think.

rand49er
01-24-05, 03:37 PM
Got my 2005 V last Friday from a dealer brand new ... it's Stealth Grey just like the pics from Pimp Cadi04. The only problem is, I put about 60 miles on it that day, put it in the garage, and it snowed 13 inches here in southeastern Michigan that night! I haven't taken it out since; I'm going nuts to get back behind the wheel. You will love the car! Buy it and enjoy!!! But, take heed from some of the issues that have been raised in the forum here first.

Pimp_Cadi04
01-24-05, 04:21 PM
He is selling it for $39,990.
Question: Wut is the number one thing that I'm going to love about the V?

CTSV05
01-24-05, 04:30 PM
$39,999, and you're hesitating????????

For me at least, its the fact it will run with a standard C5 Vette, handles as good or better than our Mini, sounds excellent under throttle, and totally surprises people 'cuz its a CADILLAC!!!!!!

RobzBLKV
01-24-05, 04:49 PM
handles as good or better than our Mini

:lies:

:histeric:

Come on. It does not. Really. It just doesn't. It has an extra 1500 pounds to lug around. That doesn't mean it's not more fun (b/c of the power mostly), but it doesn't come anywhere close to the go kart handling of a MINI. My '99 M3 with a highly modded suspension didn't handle as well as the MINI. Surprisingly enough, I think the V is very close in capability to the modded M3 though - and it's a lot more fun.

I agree with all the rest - the price is right for someone that wants to move the car fast, you will love the car, and although it is not perfect, 400 hp makes up for a lot.

CTSV05
01-24-05, 05:49 PM
We had the Mini for over a year, and I can take ramps and corners just as aggressively in the V, as I did in the Mini.

We had the S, and the V has a huge advantage as it can pull like hell off a corner, where the Mini you had to be very aware of the powerband.

RobzBLKV
01-24-05, 06:32 PM
well . . . I can't take ramps and corners as aggressively. Perhaps I should say the second third and fourth corner. The V handles fabulously, but it has a lot more weight to move around and it shows if you push it hard enough. Imo.

I agree about the power. It's the primary reason the V is more fun even if it doesn't transition as well. 400 hp makes up for a lot of shortcomings - even when there aren't many short comings to make up for.

DgtalPimp
01-24-05, 07:29 PM
If your thinking about it for $39,999 then maybe a V isn't for you. $40,000 is a steal from this car.

CVP33
01-24-05, 08:05 PM
Pimp Cadi04,

GET THE DOOR! It's opportunity knocking. :)

Or not. This will make a great "the one that got away" story too. :banghead:

01-24-05, 08:09 PM
yeah, $40K is too cheap for 2005, unless there are hidden issues. Somebody has been beat here (first owner on the trade, or dealer on the pending sale, or possibly PimpCadi so Caveat Emptor). Trade-in book value on an 05 is over $40K!

But assuming that the beating was taken by somebody else, this sounds like PimpCadi may be able to cash in. Good luck.

Doug

tgt
02-05-05, 12:24 AM
PIMP -

Did you end up jumping on this deal? If not...send the info my way, I'm in the market..... ;)

Thanks,
Travis

HDMLNIUM
02-05-05, 06:31 PM
Got my 2005 V last Friday from a dealer brand new ... it's Stealth Grey just like the pics from Pimp Cadi04. The only problem is, I put about 60 miles on it that day, put it in the garage, and it snowed 13 inches here in southeastern Michigan that night! I haven't taken it out since; I'm going nuts to get back behind the wheel. You will love the car! Buy it and enjoy!!! But, take heed from some of the issues that have been raised in the forum here first.

rand49er,
I feel your pain, I bought my 05-V back on January 15th. I had it out on the 15th and the 16th and it hasn't been out of the garage until today. I pulled it out to do it's first washing today, it has been to cold to do it before now. I have 116 miles on her, and I put most of it on it the day I bought it.
A pic of it after it's first wash by me... lol
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/HDMLNIUM/firstwash7.jpg

Bill-05-V

http://photobucket.com/albums/v466/HDMLNIUM/th_CTS-V1.jpghttp://photobucket.com/albums/v466/HDMLNIUM/th_Z06-fuelrailcovers.jpghttp://photobucket.com/albums/v466/HDMLNIUM/th_Badge-removal.jpg
05 CTS-V--- Light Platinum
Llumar Clear Bra and Tinted windows, Stealth-V z06 fuel rail covers, Stealth-V Cags Eliminator,
K&N drop in filter, B&B cat back exhaust, BMR Toe Rods, BMR Trailing arms .... More Mods coming..
Online Photos http://photobucket.com/albums/v466/HDMLNIUM/

greer
02-08-05, 01:24 AM
Pimp Daddy,

I would get that car inspected by a neutral party if I were in your shoes.

lawfive
02-08-05, 02:09 AM
rand49er,
I feel your pain, I bought my 05-V back on January 15th. I had it out on the 15th and the 16th and it hasn't been out of the garage until today. I pulled it out to do it's first washing today, it has been to cold to do it before now. I have 116 miles on her, and I put most of it on it the day I bought it.
A pic of it after it's first wash by me... lol

I feel your pain, too. I polished & waxed my V Saturday, but then Sunday it rained a little and I COULDN'T DRIVE MY CAR for fear of getting some moisture on the Maguires. Plus, the temperature dropped below 65 degrees F.

Southern California winters are brutal, man! :xgrin:

Koooop
02-08-05, 07:05 PM
A dealer offering an '05 for that price is:

a) Under several feet of snow durring an ice storm that isn't ending until May

b) It was crashed and repaired

c) Both a & b

or

d) Salesman was in back sucking on a tail pipe and gave you bad info

e) Factory warranty is void for some reason

f) Lemon buy back

That car at the dealer will bring $45,000 +