: Lost another one

kybanker
01-22-05, 10:15 PM
Just traded in my '05 v after two months. Not sure if it was the right decision but with all the rear end problems, wheel hop, and the chance the '06 would have the LS7 I thought it best to dump while I could. Will probably wait till spring and pick up a c6. Hope I made the right decision!

dannystang
01-22-05, 10:58 PM
Damn...Alot of people here seem like they can throw 5-10k in the wind...

Once you drive off the lot...Thats the biggest depreciation hit.

Could have supercharged for that...Have 500hp now?

Well what do I know...

kybanker
01-22-05, 11:14 PM
true I could have supercharged but still wouldn't have fixed the rear end problem or the fact the once the '06 model came out I think the value is going to drop like a rock. These were more of a concern for me than the hp.

dannystang
01-22-05, 11:25 PM
Damn..I just bought mine.

I thought 2006 was ls2?

I guess ls7 would be nice...

But 06 still wont fix rear end problem?

kybanker
01-22-05, 11:30 PM
I agree. Enjoyed mine the short time I had it. I won't know what to do without the muscle. Guess I'll just have to be content with my '03 EXT till I can pick up a vette.

Avejoe
01-22-05, 11:38 PM
What did U trade the V for ? It must be awesome and I may want it in a couple months : ):banghead:

Vrocks
01-22-05, 11:40 PM
I think we have a better chance of winning the lottery than seeing the LS7 in the '06 V. It just doesn't make a whole lot of sense with a highly revised CTS comming out for the '07 model year.

lasstss
01-23-05, 10:20 AM
Well, as opposed to some of you guys, me getting the V was a rare opportunity that I will probably not see again. I sold my show car and that gave me a 50% down payment!
As the 2004 has already taken a 15k whack, by the time something NEW in the CTS comes out it will probably be $60+... Out of the realm of possibility unfortunately.
Ill be a 2004 V owner for some time. Wheel hop & all!. Hopefully a fix will develop as the diff set up is common to the the CTS. They can all benefit. Good luck to the bailers!
:drinker

PneuBird
01-23-05, 11:12 AM
Have to agree with Lasstss......One Depr. hit is enough....so I'll drive the "04" and if I blow a half dozen rears ....so be it. That's what the warranty is for. I don't think we will get the LS7 on "06" or "07", but it sure would be nice if they did!!! :helpless:

kybanker
01-23-05, 12:50 PM
What did U trade the V for ? It must be awesome and I may want it in a couple months : ):banghead:

Had to get me wife a Lincoln Aviator! I think I lost out on the deal.

01-23-05, 01:00 PM
Had to get me wife a Lincoln Aviator! I think I lost out on the deal.

With a big good-natured smile, I refer you to post #23 below, et seq.:D

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28941&page=2

Harley Guy
01-24-05, 01:00 PM
I have the V off the road now here in Pittsburgh while the snow is flying and the Steelers are dying :crying: . While not driving it I have been thinking about selling it and getting a C6 in the spring. After reading this thread, I think I will keep the V another year, do some minor mods and get some more enjoyment out of the depreciation I am eating. Can always dream about trading for a C6 next year.

propain
01-24-05, 01:42 PM
Hey all.. 05 V owner here.

The way I look at it is this...

If the 06 V comes out with a LS7 more power to it. There will always be a bigger bader car out there. I love the V I have.

If the 06 V fixes the wheel hop problem, AWESOME! That translates to a fix for my 05.

I hope they fix the wheel hop issue. Its the only problem I have with the car.

One_RAD_CAD
01-24-05, 02:04 PM
Don't they make Traction Masters for the V series to fix that hop?

JEM
01-24-05, 02:27 PM
Don't they make Traction Masters for the V series to fix that hop?

Traction Masters? They're about a fifty-percent fix for live-axle-on-leaf-spring setups.

I have to ask: why is it that for some folks wheel-hop is pretty much a non-issue as long as you're not doing burnouts, while for others it seems to be responsible for everything from stomach ulcers to the inability of the NASDAQ to get back to 2400?

Of the three CTS-Vs I've driven, and admittedly I drove only one of them hard enough that I might have gotten close to wheel-hop territory, it's been a non-issue.

I know my M5 has minimal wheel-hop problems, but I also know that if I consistently drove it the way that one seems to have to drive a CTS-V in order to incite wheel hop I'd be feeding it new clutches every 25-30K miles. Every car has its weaknesses.

CTSV05
01-24-05, 03:41 PM
Wow, I'm like Lasstss, this car is a very special moment in time for us. We traded in 3 other vehicles to be able to afford the car.

I personally love the V, so she will be in our garage for some time. I have a 10 sec streetable S-10, soon to be in the 9s all motor, so I have the need for insanity covered.
The V is the nicest car I've ever owned, and its a joy to drive. Look, my wife isn't perfect either, but I love her, and have no intention of trading her in either!!!LOL!

Harley Guy
01-24-05, 04:16 PM
Look, my wife isn't perfect either, but I love her, and have no intention of trading her in either!!!LOL!

I understand what you are saying, but if you have talked her into letting you do test drives tell you how you did that!:devil:

CTSV05
01-24-05, 04:54 PM
Actually it worked out great, she was in N.J. visiting her mom. I went and scoped a couple of different Vs to choose from.

I had the 2 trucks appraised while she was gone, when she got back we took the mini in, the treated us fairly, so we drove the V then.

After she drove it she loved it too, but she always lets me drive first, this way if I don't tear it up she knows it will hold up pretty well!!LOL!!

So, maybe I'm lucky, hence the higher value incentive to keep her!!!