: Windshield Wipers Won't turn off

hocke22
05-29-13, 08:53 AM
Yesterday it was raining wipers were working fine , and then the windshield wipers would not turn off and the windshield washer fluid was on also . I turn off the wipers but they continue to run until I turn off the truck. It happen again on my way home . Anyone have this problem?

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-29-13, 01:48 PM
Yesterday it was raining wipers were working fine , and then the windshield wipers would not turn off and the windshield washer fluid was on also . I turn off the wipers but they continue to run until I turn off the truck. It happen again on my way home . Anyone have this problem?

Hello hocke22,

I am sorry you had to experience this issue when it was raining. I understand you would like input from other members who possibly experienced the same issue and who may have a fix, however, if you would like assistance with setting up a dealership visit for a diagnosis on this concern, please let me know. You can private message me if you would like also.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

Banshee8732
05-29-13, 10:09 PM
I'd disconnect the negative battery cable. Sometimes that can reset things. If you have to take it in for service you could pull the fuse until then. Non stop wipers would drive me insane. Of course about the time you do that it'll start raining lol.

Whiterob
05-31-13, 01:27 PM
try turning them to the OFF position.. that should help ;)

In all honesty, if the washer fluid is spraying too, it sounds like their is a short to power somewhere in there, or just a faulty wiper stalk. Try the disconnecting the battery, touch the pos and neg together and leave them like that for an hour or so. (Think the touching them together is an old wives tale, but doesnt hurt to try anyways)