: License Plate Screws

davco61383
05-29-13, 04:52 AM
I currently own a Cadillac ATS 2.0 and am looking to buy custom, locking license plate screws for the car (just bought a nice carbon fiber license plate frame and don't want it stolen). I understand some screws are larger/smaller and thicker/thinner than others and certain types won't fit. I want to know what size (length and width) for screws would be ideal to buy. Thanks...

David

miguelius
06-05-13, 11:13 PM
I recommend the Ultimate Kit by Cruiser (part no. 81500), which I purchased at Advance Auto Parts for about $12. It has high quality stainless steel parts, and has the security star pin locking fasteners that require a special wrench (looks like an Allen wrench with the raised bump in the middle). It also has their unique "rattle stop" fasteners for the lower two bolts on the rear license plate, on which the ATS, like most cars, does not have provision for screws. So the whole thing doesn't flap around when you close the trunk.

z06bigbird
06-09-13, 03:13 AM
Super glue, gorilla glue, jb weld, etc. On the threads. Or in the screw driver slot of the heads.

Easy to remove with 1/4 stick of tnt.