: guys need help with the wifes truck

gp1200r2000
05-28-13, 10:47 PM
Truck is out of warranty,has 76,000 miles on it,and is making a noise from the drivers side front end,when your drive and are going around a turn around maybe 20-40 mph and not a sharp turn its making a grinding sound and when your going straight it sounds like metal rubbing together but not loud at all,and once in a blue moon she said it sounds like on a turn that something is clicking a little bit,any help would be greatful
Thanks

Ran-Dom32
05-28-13, 10:51 PM
sounds like a bad wheel bearing

gp1200r2000
05-28-13, 11:01 PM
What would make the sound like it slapping around a little bit?? is there another way of telling if its that,also you dont think its a axle or rack

brooklynallstar
06-02-13, 12:33 PM
I had the same problem. It would happen sometimes when I was turning a corner. My wife thought it was because of cold weather. I forgot what the dealer said it was but it was $90 to fix on top of the standard oil change. If you describe it to them they should know what it is. It's a known problem from my understanding.

SouthernCaddy
06-05-13, 01:34 PM
Front hub bearing. Better check it now, it will leave her stranded if you dont make sure.

Cadsrfun
06-06-13, 06:00 PM
Squat down in front of the wheel and grab the top of the tire with both hands and pull toward you in a rocking motion. It should make a clicking noise for a bad bearing or hub. Then go to the other side and there should be no noise or relative motion. Give it a try.

rbh23456
06-07-13, 01:35 PM
Definitely sounds like the wheel hub assembly. I just replaced both front assemblies on my 2007 with 70k. First time I had ever done it, but it wasn't too bad. Once I heard that noise, mine failed rather quickly. And I thought mine was the drivers side, but it turns out the passenger side was where all the noise was coming from.

Eric Hagan
06-09-13, 09:12 AM
How much did it run for two bearing assemblies?

sj1400
06-09-13, 07:03 PM
The wheel hub on the drivers side front went first. Failed 30 miles from home on a 2k mile road trip. Had to get a flatbed to tow it. A few months later the passenger side failed. I recognized the noise and went straight to the dealer.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-10-13, 01:55 PM
The wheel hub on the drivers side front went first. Failed 30 miles from home on a 2k mile road trip. Had to get a flatbed to tow it. A few months later the passenger side failed. I recognized the noise and went straight to the dealer.

Hello sj1400,

I am sorry for the wheel hub issue your vehicle experienced. I am glad you were able to recognize the noise a few months later when your vehicle experienced the same issue on your passenger side. I hope everything is working well now with your vehicle and you are enjoying your Escalade. If there are questions that you have, or any concerns you would like to discuss, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service