: 1994 Sts

chevyorange
01-22-05, 02:23 PM
I wasn't shopping for a Cadillac at the time I was looking for a new car, but saw an ad for a 1994 STS for $7K. I test drove the car, already having carfaxed it and knowing it had been in a minor accident. I offered $6K and the gentleman even drove it to my house for me.

The car had 88K miles on it when I bought it about 5 months ago. I sold my other daily driver, a 1994 Caprice Classic to my brother and the change in luxury was a shock to my system.

The ride/handling is a near perfect combination to me. I love to be able to twich the wheel and feel this "big" car right on it. I love the tractible power from the Northstar at any speed/throttle position. Auto headlights are perfect. On quick bursts up to 90-100MPH, passengers guess the speed is closer to 60, and it certainly feels that good. In the Caprice, with the LT1, on trips to parts of the state where driving at a little over 100 can be done safely (and with little police action) it was just a little more of a chore.

There are only two problems for me are 1. The ubiquitous Northstar leak - very small mind you, but enough to have got on the Catalytic Converter and when I come to a stop I detect burnt oil in the climate system. 2. A clicking sound when makng right turns that was not fixed with new CV joints. There seems to be no adverse driving issues because of this but it does bug me and is going to cost money to fix. Another nitpick, the car being FWD.. I do miss the RWD of the Caprice.

I'd highly recommend an STS to anyone who enjoys driving. The combination of power, luxury and actually really good gas mileage considering the motor and the driving habits it might induce. :burn:

Adam
You'll find pics here: http://homepage.mac.com/chevyorange/PhotoAlbum91.html

haymaker
01-22-05, 03:16 PM
Nice review chevyorange. I like the Chevy’s also, hard to beat the value and no burnt oil smell. My 97 SLS just started giving off the burnt oil smell last week.

chevyorange
02-07-05, 04:42 PM
Sorry to hear about your recent burnt oil smell. I took mine through a cheapo car was that blasts the undercarriage and it got rid of the smell for a few weeks.

The care is so good otherwise, I'm afraid to even want to fix it, nearly sure something else will give loose!

VOS
11-25-06, 08:45 PM
If you still have this car, the clicking noise is front sway bar bushings.

I know of 2 Cadillacs with this noise and the result was the same.

Realize your review is a couple years old but we just saw the site.