: New Member Intro!

The_Boss
05-28-13, 09:00 PM
Hey guys, I am new here and currently own an Impala. Depending on the news from the body shop on some repairs, I may be looking to get a new ride. I want to stay American, preferably GM, so why not a Caddy? :)

I am stuck between a 2007+ DTS Performance or 2008+ STS V8 AWD (Is the V8 worth getting over the V6?)

Can I hear some pros and cons?

I live in the Midwest and travel between WI and IL alot, so AWD or FWD would be highly preferred. I need a large, full size vehicle, so these two fit the bill. I like to mod my cars, so if I can throw a PCM tune, exhaust and intake on for some performance, that'd be nice. Anything else is just a bonus.

All tips, info, suggestions, etc. are welcome.

Thank you!

orconn
05-28-13, 09:20 PM
Hey, man, what you da "Boss" of ? Welcome to da Forums!

CadillacLuke24
05-29-13, 09:17 PM
The STS MAY be somewhat more accepting of mods, but generally Northstar Cadillacs are about as souped as they will get from the factory. Granted, they are snappy as is.

The 3.6 V6 is the STS works fine for one of our regulars. Personally I'd get the V8 :sneaky:

Welcome!

The_Boss
05-29-13, 09:30 PM
Thanks for the welcome, fellas! I am really torn. lol I really want to stay with GM, of course, but options are so limited. Darn bankruptcy, I suppose.

The Boss is my nickname, so to speak. I'm a Business Management and Admin major and mob aficionado, so combine them and it's an unavoidable claim to fame. ;)

talismandave
05-29-13, 09:37 PM
Thanks for the welcome, fellas! I am really torn. lol I really want to stay with GM, of course, but options are so limited. Darn bankruptcy, I suppose.

I'm a.......mob aficionado. ;)

...and you would consider anything other than a Cadillac!:thepan:

Ranger
05-29-13, 10:41 PM
:welcome:

MrHolland
05-30-13, 12:33 AM
Welcome to the forum. Lots of good people and info in here. Enjoy your stay!!!

02603sec
06-05-13, 10:17 PM
Welcome to the forum. I have a 1sf sts v8! Black. Its my driver. Stays outside. Depreciation is your friend.