: P0446 ????

drod777
05-28-13, 12:43 PM
Well I just realized my engine light never came on when I would start up my SRX. So I had asked auto parts store to read my car and constantly argued about if it does not come on there is nothing he can do. Well soon to find out this code came up and the Guy was in shock there was a code!! So he told me what the code # but did not explain what it is.......
Can someone help me out
Thanks!

conedoctor
05-28-13, 01:34 PM
Bing it.

Then search here for the answer, maybe a purge solenoid.

glake89
05-28-13, 02:06 PM
From the SM-
"This DTC tests the evaporative emission (EVAP) system for a restricted or blocked EVAP vent path. The control module commands the EVAP canister purge solenoid Open and the EVAP canister vent solenoid Closed. This allows vacuum to be applied to the EVAP system. Once a calibrated vacuum level has been reached, the control module commands the EVAP canister purge solenoid Closed and the EVAP canister vent solenoid Open. The control module monitors the fuel tank pressure (FTP) sensor for a decrease in vacuum. If the vacuum does not decrease to near 0 inches H2O in a calibrated time, this DTC sets."

Advise if you want DIY help.

drod777
05-28-13, 02:44 PM
From the SM-
"This DTC tests the evaporative emission (EVAP) system for a restricted or blocked EVAP vent path. The control module commands the EVAP canister purge solenoid Open and the EVAP canister vent solenoid Closed. This allows vacuum to be applied to the EVAP system. Once a calibrated vacuum level has been reached, the control module commands the EVAP canister purge solenoid Closed and the EVAP canister vent solenoid Open. The control module monitors the fuel tank pressure (FTP) sensor for a decrease in vacuum. If the vacuum does not decrease to near 0 inches H2O in a calibrated time, this DTC sets."

Advise if you want DIY help.
Ok thanks very much, do I just need to change Canister Vent Valve Solenoid that's near the gas tank or the one on the engine

glake89
05-28-13, 03:05 PM
Not really that simple and those 2 parts aren't the only ones that can go bad. You can do most of the tests in the diagnostic by using other means than the tech II tool that they request. If you are serious, PM your e mail and I'll PDF the diagnostic.

drod777
05-28-13, 03:21 PM
Well just spoke to an GM mechanic that is local and said it runs about $1300 to have it fixed for the front and rear :cookoo:

glake89
05-28-13, 04:20 PM
You'll know why when you get the diagnostic.:bomb:

glake89
05-31-13, 12:16 PM
Gave some extra thought to this. Since you don't have codes for fuel tank pressure, the vent system is working- just not fast enough for the little chinamen with the stop watches in the ECM. If you're not having drive-ability problems, not to worry.

drod777
05-31-13, 12:22 PM
Gave some extra thought to this. Since you don't have codes for fuel tank pressure, the vent system is working- just not fast enough for the little chinamen with the stop watches in the ECM. If you're not having drive-ability problems, not to worry.
Ok so what do you think the issue is??

glake89
05-31-13, 12:30 PM
I would guess a partial obstruction of the vent line. Since the DTC is based on how long it takes for the venting to reduce vacuum to near zero, the system is just working slow. If it didn't work at all you would get a DTC for high fuel tank vacuum.

drod777
05-31-13, 12:40 PM
I would guess a partial obstruction of the vent line. Since the DTC is based on how long it takes for the venting to reduce vacuum to near zero, the system is just working slow. If it didn't work at all you would get a DTC for high fuel tank vacuum.
Do you know if there are any products that can clear the obstruction or add something to the gas tank?

glake89
05-31-13, 01:51 PM
It is most likely a mechanical (physical) obstruction.

Sackett
05-31-13, 02:14 PM
Bing it.

I think that's the first time I've seen that phrase.

PJ1520
06-02-13, 06:25 PM
CONE owns shares of Microsoft...... :-) PJ