: eagles/falcons; steelers/patriots.

illumina
01-21-05, 11:24 PM
well folks, what's your take on the afc/nfc championship games this coming weekend?

my eagles are looking mighty fine (for all of those nay-sayers...HAHAHAHA). the falcons are coming to town, but the snow and cold air outside of a dome will be tough for them to beat.

the patriots are looking clutch once again, and the steelers will have their hands full.

so far for the superbowl:

eagles/patriots.

this oughta' be good.

D148L0
01-22-05, 03:19 AM
Patriots? NAaah, as I have said before, GO STEELERS!!!!

AceKool
01-22-05, 01:40 PM
Eagles win this going away.

Let's have Pennsylvania Super Bowl!

Eagles still have revenge on their minds from earlier this year.
:thumbsup:

illumina
01-23-05, 07:22 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S eagles!!!

give my birds some love! :yup:

:banana: :banana: :dance: :dance: :excited: :excited:

AceKool
01-23-05, 07:36 PM
Eagles rule this roost today!!!!

Let's go Steelers. We want REVENGE.

:worship:

Elvis
01-23-05, 10:29 PM
I have no interest. I just don't like the Eagles, never have. Bostonians will be insufferable if they win another title this soon.

Wake me in September.

RBraczyk
01-23-05, 10:56 PM
AHAHAHA, Illumina, you were right

AirJigga25
01-24-05, 10:37 AM
NOT IN OUR HOUSE!! NOT TODAYYYY... NOT TOMORRRROW...NO WAY!

I won a pretty penny on the Eagles and the Pats... my two favorite teams.
This superbowl is the dream matchup... I got to get some tickets some how.

Never bet against the Pats folks... I don't know why people would pick the steelers with a rookie qb with poor confidence up against Tom Brady, the clutchest QB ever...

Elvis
01-24-05, 10:43 AM
Ben Roethlisberger = Rick Ankiel

AirJigga25
01-24-05, 11:01 AM
Ben Roethlisberger = Rick Ankiel

Wow that is TOUGH. lmao... Ankiel set the record for most wild pitches and Roethlisschoker might have had a few INT's but he didn't exactly set the record.

Elvis
01-24-05, 12:18 PM
It's either the playoff pressure or the flak jacket he started wearing after he got hurt.

Whatever it was, his playoff performances SUCKED beyond comprehension by comparison to the regular season.

But in fairness to your Pats, they played a superior game yesterday and would have deserved to win regardless. They are clearly the best team in the AFC, and I think the Eagles are overrated.

AceKool
01-24-05, 05:40 PM
"Clutchest QB ever." Ever hear of Montana? :yawn:

AirJigga25
01-31-05, 02:24 PM
did anyone else go through withdrawl this weekend with no football on TV?

AceKool
01-31-05, 08:13 PM
No withdrawal for me. I taped the NFC Championship so I could watch it again when such a symptom hit me.

Eagles will win this contest. One of the reasons why is they have a better website. Check out the Pats. It is pathetic.
:thumbsup:

Rolex
01-31-05, 10:05 PM
I'm getting surround installed in my hearth room and outside on the back porch for the game. There's going to be some serious game watching :woohoo:

and :cheers: this weekend! Hopefully no:vomit:

davesdeville
01-31-05, 11:19 PM
I doubt I'll even watch the superbowl. The patriots are the new 90s Cowboys or 80s Tyson - lot of wins but they're slimey. The Eagles are OK but it's like watching college football or even high school from a differant state - I just don't care. Stupid Chiefs defense :banghead: ...

Tom Brady, the clutchest QB ever...

PFFFFFFFF. :rolleyes:

RBraczyk
01-31-05, 11:22 PM
How are we slimey, we go out as a team and no one has an ego. WTF?

davesdeville
01-31-05, 11:39 PM
My negative image of the Patriots goes back to the AFC championship game against the Raiders, who were the better team, but with the refs on their side they came back with a long field goal at the end... just left me with a feeling of being screwed even though the Raiders aren't my #1 team.

illumina
01-31-05, 11:48 PM
as a chiefs fan dave, i would hope the raiders aren't even in your good graces...

this game reminds me of the denver-green bay game when the packers were the team on top and heavily favored like the pats. i smell a huge upset here...sorry RB.

davesdeville
01-31-05, 11:55 PM
My friend's a Raiders fan, my cousin's a Chargers fan, and my uncle is a Broncos fan. So we have the AFC West covered. I do like the Raiders a bit though because Oakland is cool, probably because I feel sorry cause the Chiefs kick their ass so much :sneaky:

RBraczyk
02-01-05, 07:07 AM
I'm a former bronco fan. Lost interest after the departure of the great elway, but still, upset is no where in sight.

AirJigga25
02-01-05, 10:15 AM
AceKool makes a good point that the Pats have a shitty website but after that is starts going downhill.

What is great about the Pats is they are winning in an age of parity, under the salary cap. They still win because their system works and they have good players and good coaches. The don't overpay people and everyone buys into the system. The eagles have 10 Pro Bowlers and the Pats have 2. But then you have Tom Brady who is 8-0 in the playoffs and is the kind of clutch. The Patriots makes plays when they have to don't turn the ball over and they can play defense equally as well as play offense. Plust the AFC is vastly superior to the NFC. Didn't the Eagles get smoked by the Steelers?

I love both teams, but smart money says Pats. If you throw a 7 point line in there, its 50/50 that they'll cover.

CADDYBLACK99
02-02-05, 05:55 PM
Can you say D-Y-N-A-S-T-Y!

GO PATRIOTS! :yup: :banana: :2thumbs: :wave: :cheers: :gnome: :littlewes :woohoo:

D148L0
02-02-05, 08:23 PM
bah. superbowl. bah
:rant2:

/steelers fan