: LFX Catch Can Help

monogram124
05-28-13, 01:02 PM
Hey everyone. So I saw all the threads on how this car needs a catch can & I decided to get one (thanks for the heads up on that). I also saw that its a good idea to get out the residual oil. That's where I need help. I know how to get the throttle body off & get into the intake manifold but where else would oil be for me to clean up in the new LFX engine? The manifold cover is plastic & I don't want to crack it by accident. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Crippler
05-28-13, 06:25 PM
My dealer said if I installed a catch can I would void my warranty ? How can that be possible ?

arw1510
05-28-13, 09:57 PM
My dealer said if I installed a catch can I would void my warranty ? How can that be possible ?

It's not. They are full of shit. They can shove it up their ass

Crippler
05-29-13, 04:21 AM
I sure hope your right ! My dealership sucks balls , nothing I can do . I should have never bought the extended warranty :(

monogram124
06-02-13, 05:14 PM
So...any answers???

Thanks Crippler & arw1510 for your thoughts. I plan on keeping on the car for awhile so I'm more concerned about long-term engine longevity than warranty coverage. I did clean out a little oil from manifold and the air hose when I took off the throttle body so what everyone has said about catch can necessity is true. I only have 7500 miles on the car so far so hopefully I caught the build up early.

X E Ryder
06-11-13, 12:19 AM
...They can shove it up their ass

That is for certain - you are after all, trying to Save your motor!