: Proper sequence problem to set seat?

flycaster
05-28-13, 11:51 AM
My ATS has had all updates.

It seems to me that setting my seat position varies. That is, I'm not sure if I have to:

1. Touch/hold SET and 1 at the same time, or
2. First touch SET and then touch 1

Often times, when doing 2, the seat moves back to its previous setting. But then there are times when nothing happens or the chime rings and the seat is set to its new position.

And then there are times when doing 1, nothing happens or the chime rings and the seat is set into its new position.

Wondering if doing this when the car is moving/idle, makes any difference? Also, of course, what is the correct sequence (I think it should be touch or hold/release SET, then touch 1)???

rustybear3
05-28-13, 12:20 PM
Press (don't hold) Set THEN press the number button. After you hear beep, settings for your seat are stored. follow sequence for each button setting.

Hohums
05-28-13, 12:28 PM
I find that I have to press the number I want to program first, then hit SET and the number at the same time. Tried holding SET then the number, and it's never worked. So, if I wanted to change the position of seat 1, I would:

Press 1
Adjust seat
Press and hold SET + 1 simultaneously.
Should hear almost-instant beep

Hoosier Daddy
05-28-13, 01:21 PM
LoL. This stuff is hilarious. Unfortunately for the victims, it won't be until they look back in a few years.

I'm begining to think the forums need to add Cue software level to the profiles and have it appear next to Join date, age, etc. in each post.

Not saying this is one of them, but CUE versions definetly change things like this.

flycaster
05-28-13, 01:32 PM
Press (don't hold) Set THEN press the number button. After you hear beep, settings for your seat are stored. follow sequence for each button setting.

Yeah, that's what I thought it should be. And, it has worked. But then it didn't work, and pressing both buttons worked...and then neither worked...then one or the other worked (that's why I asked if it matters if the car is moving or idle - really shouldn't, though). What gets me is that I know what I'm doing (most of the time, LOL) and then this stuff doesn't always work...

73JPS
05-28-13, 02:36 PM

I agree this is correct. God forbid you should press the "Set" button a few microseconds too long though: you end up with the problem described, where the seat will simply go back to the previous setting for the switch.

flycaster
05-28-13, 04:02 PM
I agree this is correct. God forbid you should press the "Set" button a few microseconds too long though: you end up with the problem described, where the seat will simply go back to the previous setting for the switch.

Ah, that's the trick...TAP the SET button. I've most likely been holding too long even though I thought I was tapping. Can't wait to try it out.

EDIT: Hate to say this, but even though I have the latest updates, I've got to simultaneously depress both SET and 1 in order to set my seat's position. This was also verified by my wife. However, I do know that there were time when depressing SET, releasing it, and then pressing 1 also worked???

rustybear3
05-29-13, 07:25 PM
Ah, that's the trick...TAP the SET button. I've most likely been holding too long even though I thought I was tapping. Can't wait to try it out.

EDIT: Hate to say this, but even though I have the latest updates, I've got to simultaneously depress both SET and 1 in order to set my seat's position. This was also verified by my wife. However, I do know that there were time when depressing SET, releasing it, and then pressing 1 also worked???

Well, actually the method you are now using (pressing both buttons simultaneously) is what the original sequence was before the CUE update. AFTER the update, the sequence changed to the method I quoted you. Why the old setting is working for you is anyone's guess.....:lolsign:

73JPS
05-29-13, 11:15 PM
Well, actually the method you are now using (pressing both buttons simultaneously) is what the original sequence was before the CUE update. AFTER the update, the sequence changed to the method I quoted you. Why the old setting is working for you is anyone's guess.....:lolsign:

Interesting. My vehicle was built the week of April 9th, long after the "update" everyone seems to talk about. I have the updated CUE icons for, for example, climate control, so I am quite certain that I have some version of the latest update. Yet my seats are set with a procedure from the original CUE version (according to this thread), and after multiple attempts, I am unable to set memory seat positions (on door opening) to correspond to whichever remote I use. It seems there are several versions of CUE out there, I guess. Further to which I will assume that most dealership "Service Advisers" won't have a clue how to find the absolute latest version to download for you... but that's just the cynic in me coming out.

flycaster
05-30-13, 10:59 AM
[QUOTE=73JPS;3405353]... I am unable to set memory seat positions (on door opening) to correspond to whichever remote I use.../QUOTE]

Although you may have the latest updates, of course first make sure that you have programmed CUE properly - I'm sure you have, and then you may want to check to see if you seat module has been reprogrammed. I was having the same problem as you are regarding seats moving when door opening (even though I had the latest CUE update and programmed CUE properly). There is a tech bulletin to this issue. Check with your dealer SA.

slepr
05-30-13, 11:21 AM
I don't think the seat memory was affected by the CUE update. I had both the CUE update and the seat module reprogram done (two separate things). It is the module reprogram that changed how the seat memory function works.

flycaster
05-30-13, 11:32 AM
I don't think the seat memory was affected by the CUE update. I had both the CUE update and the seat module reprogram done (two separate things). It is the module reprogram that changed how the seat memory function works.

Agreed.

73JPS
05-30-13, 12:42 PM
[QUOTE=73JPS;3405353]... I am unable to set memory seat positions (on door opening) to correspond to whichever remote I use.../QUOTE]

Although you may have the latest updates, of course first make sure that you have programmed CUE properly - I'm sure you have, and then you may want to check to see if you seat module has been reprogrammed. I was having the same problem as you are regarding seats moving when door opening (even though I had the latest CUE update and programmed CUE properly). There is a tech bulletin to this issue. Check with your dealer SA.

Yes, I followed your thread on that fairly extensively: as I am the only driver, it really doesn't bother me that much, but I would have thought that a car coming from the factory in mid-April would have already had that issue addressed. Evidently not. :annoyed: