: headers

trucker922
05-28-13, 11:16 AM
I have owned my 05 for a bit now. It came with k&n cai and magnaflow cat back. I am not too pleased with the sound of the car... the redneck in me needs more noise! That magnaflow is just too quiet. I was wondering if headers really make it that much louder? I don't want to be heard from miles away or anything, but I just need a bit more. I have plans to do a cam next year, but I don't have the funds right now to do both since I am still finishing my project car. I think I could swing 500 for some pacesetters.

AAIIIC
05-28-13, 12:16 PM
Adding headers makes it noticeably louder. The Pacesetters come without cats (I think?), so it would be that much louder than my setup (Kooks w/cats + Magnaflow).

trucker922
05-28-13, 01:41 PM
Adding headers makes it noticeably louder. The Pacesetters come without cats (I think?), so it would be that much louder than my setup (Kooks w/cats + Magnaflow).
Yeah...no cats. Did u have the cat back before the headers? Would you say it made it twice as loud? When I drive with my window down I hear more intake noise than exhaust. Really quiet. WOT wakes it up a bit, but I don't want to have tobeat the crap out of it just to enjoy the nice V8 rumble.

JDB
05-28-13, 04:38 PM
Idle, light throttle, before the motor builds ... you will notice a slight increase in tone and volume. Blip the throttle over 3k ish while out of gear, gets loud. 3/4 to WOT and/or the motor has built load namely in the upper RPMs, and its a symphony of redneck and NASCAR noises.

My setup is 1 ⅞ Kooks, Kooks cats, and Corsa exhaust. And tuned by Mike from Rapid Motorsports on County Corvette dyno / shop in West Cheater PA. Night and day difference with the tune.

Cruising at lower RPMs, barely any change in tone or volume....no drone.

RyRidesMotoX
05-28-13, 06:46 PM
My Stainless Works 1&3/4 headers snap crackle pop when I shift it during wot getting on freeways and stuff... I love it... Screaming up to 5500rpm and then off gas, gear out clutch and gear in all while hearing the motor sounding like its a Doberman eating a litter of baby kittens... Really makes my penis move when it happens. I love that sound.

heavymetals
05-28-13, 07:42 PM
BAH!

Go for the gusto.

B&B with an "X" pipe, remove the cats when you want to be really obnoxious.

When you cam it it will sound really neat.

trucker922
05-28-13, 09:28 PM
My Stainless Works 1&3/4 headers snap crackle pop when I shift it during wot getting on freeways and stuff... I love it... Screaming up to 5500rpm and then off gas, gear out clutch and gear in all while hearing the motor sounding like its a Doberman eating a litter of baby kittens... Really makes my penis move when it happens. I love that sound.
Bwahaha!!

----------

Guess I'll probably go ahead and pull the trigger on them.

HAMSTAR
05-28-13, 09:44 PM
There's a guy with 3 inch B&B cat-back, headers and connector pipes for sale: http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadillac-classifieds/cadillac-cts-vs-for-sale/p10566--2707-thunder-gray-cts-v.html

The seller is a good guy to deal with. I've met him a couple of times.

carlson_mn
05-28-13, 09:50 PM
Here's a video of my 06, kooks headers, xpipe, high flow cats with magnaflow catback. Stock intake. Was a casual video from my wife. Sometime I'll have to make a WOT video to get a bit more sound out of it. I'll just say I've heard nothing from compliments from people regarding the sound whether in parking lots of cruising on the road.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_OKPiKQXX0&feature=youtu.be

Scott2012
05-28-13, 11:26 PM
Here's a video of my 06, kooks headers, xpipe, high flow cats with magnaflow catback. Stock intake. Was a casual video from my wife. Sometime I'll have to make a WOT video to get a bit more sound out of it. I'll just say I've heard nothing from compliments from people regarding the sound whether in parking lots of cruising on the road.

Did you have it tuned?
I'd like to hear it sometime-I like how the stock exhaust sounds, but would like a little more low rumble... Not sure what to do

carlson_mn
05-28-13, 11:46 PM
I just have a mail order tune.

trucker922
05-29-13, 11:29 PM

Yeah... that sounds good. Pretty sure it's quite a bit louder than mine. I need to have a friend drive mine so I can hear it outside the car.

RyRidesMotoX
05-31-13, 04:23 AM
Oh and pacesetters are way less than $500... Jegs sells them for like $320, if you wait long enough you can find them on amazon or eBay for like $250. I'd wait and see if a good deal pops up in the next few weeks

thebigjimsho
05-31-13, 09:17 PM
:vomit:

trucker922
06-01-13, 12:21 AM
Oh and pacesetters are way less than $500... Jegs sells them for like $320, if you wait long enough you can find them on amazon or eBay for like $250. I'd wait and see if a good deal pops up in the next few weeks
Good to know. I am gonna need connection pipes too for my magnaflow, and I plan on buying the coated ones.

brngrhd
06-01-13, 04:48 PM
:vomit:

In regards to what?

rand49er
06-01-13, 09:56 PM
The OEM cats do the most to muffle the sound. Headers and hi-flow cats (or no cats) coupled with that Magnaflow will make a significant improvement.

odla
06-01-13, 11:26 PM
What about headers, hi flow cats and stock mufflers?

rand49er
06-02-13, 07:39 AM
What about headers, ho flow cats and stock mufflers?Don't recall if anyone has done this.

JFensty
06-02-13, 02:05 PM
Don't recall if anyone has done this.

I may be doing this soon. Looking to quite down mine with pacesetters, high flow cats and muffler delete.

RyRidesMotoX
06-03-13, 11:11 AM
I may be doing this soon. Looking to quite down mine with pacesetters, high flow cats and muffler delete.

'Quiet it down' with cats and a muffler delete?!?!? Holy mother of god how loud is your car sir? Lol

JFensty
06-03-13, 01:00 PM
'Quiet it down' with cats and a muffler delete?!?!? Holy mother of god how loud is your car sir? Lol

I meant putting the stock mufflers back on. I have pacesetters and high flow cats with muffler delete now. Its not obnoxious, But if I have any business associates with me, its a little much. Will most likely do cutouts later because I do love the sound it has now.

odla
06-03-13, 01:28 PM
Would love to get a sound clip of your setup. I've thought about doing what you have now and i am not sure of the sound.

thebigjimsho
06-03-13, 02:58 PM
In regards to what?Pacesetters.

RyRidesMotoX
06-03-13, 04:43 PM
I meant putting the stock mufflers back on. I have pacesetters and high flow cats with muffler delete now. Its not obnoxious, But if I have any business associates with me, its a little much. Will most likely do cutouts later because I do love the sound it has now.

Ahhhhhh makes sense... I was like "holy mother of god is he running zoomies out of the hood???" Haha

trucker922
06-03-13, 06:06 PM
Pacesetters.
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z174/adam3999/3000100-high_horse.jpg (http://s193.photobucket.com/user/adam3999/media/3000100-high_horse.jpg.html)

JFensty
06-04-13, 11:31 AM
Ahhhhhh makes sense... I was like "holy mother of god is he running zoomies out of the hood???" Haha

No but it is loud as hell open header. I will get some clips at the Maple Grove Raceway for the charity event this Sunday.

thebigjimsho
06-04-13, 01:30 PM
Sorry for ruining your ghetto party...

RyRidesMotoX
06-04-13, 03:33 PM
No but it is loud as hell open header. I will get some clips at the Maple Grove Raceway for the charity event this Sunday.

Awesome. Post that up!