: Posi traction?

willsctsv
01-21-05, 04:05 PM
When the car is cold and i first pull out of my driveway and turn it feels like the wheels skip a little, is this normal? I think it's the posi, any one else this happen to? After I drive to the light about 500 feet, and turn again it's gone no more skip.
Also very cold here in NYC about 18 degrees, tires do not want to warm up, car easily loses rear and gets loose when accelerated hard. Fun though!

BeagleBrains
01-21-05, 05:06 PM
Me too! If you changed the fluids, possibly the Posi lubricant additive was neglected. Living in Iowa, last week averaged mostly below 0F. Have a similar experience, likely due to the cold. Also, sanded roads will cause inconsistant surfaces to make the Posi hunt for a wheel with traction.

wildwhl
01-21-05, 11:55 PM
Yep, I notice this often. Of course, I have a howler of a rear end that went about 3,000 miles without the limited slip additive (dealer neglected to put in when the first howling rear end was replaced). I'm gonna drive her until she blows...

SBONES
01-22-05, 08:53 AM
It is the shit tires on the car. The run flats are so hard, they suck. the front tires are skipping, once they warm up its gone. get knew tires as soon as posible.

V-Max
01-22-05, 10:17 AM
I think it maybe a combination as a result of the cold tempatures. Cold performance tires are like bricks for traction and a cold diff. tends to chatter a bit in a 1st gear turn.

I have changed diff. fluid at 1500 miles and the result is the same.

Norm

wildwhl
01-22-05, 10:42 AM
It is the shit tires on the car. The run flats are so hard, they suck. the front tires are skipping, once they warm up its gone. get knew tires as soon as posible.

And yet I don't have the runflats, but GS-D3's. My experience with this is when the car/diff are cold - but not necessarily when the ambient air temperature, road surfaces, and therefore tires are (in other words in both warm 70+ weather and cold weather it happens) :confused:

Kels55
01-24-05, 08:39 AM
I have been getting it in the mornings lately as well. But it's only in the 40's in the morning here in Orlando.