: navigation jumping around

psuscott0483
05-28-13, 10:41 AM
I recently did three things: 1) tinted the windows including the windshield banner, I cannot see for sure if it goes in front of any sensors but it doesn't appear to 2) hung my ezpass right next to the mirror 3) installed a lockpick which is in line between the car and the factory nav for those who dont know. now, my navigation jumps all over the road and on/off of it I am constantly 50-100 yards ahead of where it says I am and it gets confused at every intersection. I've pulled the ezpass and it still acts up so either that wasn't the problem or the little transponder has scrambled the nav sensor?

any thoughts? id rather not make yet another trip to the dealor & I have a feeling they will argue it is my lockpick id rather not rip it out to find the same problem still exist

kazza93203
05-28-13, 12:03 PM
Lock pick for sure! I've had my lock pick for about 2 years now and just recently it starting doing the same. I dnt know why. Not sure if a update is avail for it.

psuscott0483
05-28-13, 12:14 PM
figures, I read that someone had called them asking about an update and the guy just laughed. I am running the version it says is most current on their website. I also read in the instructions to get it to work with early 07 models some dip switches needed to be adjusted perhaps I will try that.

Rich08
05-28-13, 11:40 PM
I have an isimple gateway in 08 and my nav sucks its way off. I've been told the isimple is the problem, the lockpick will probably be your problem too.

chakde
05-29-13, 01:44 AM
Lockpick gives me the same issue as well. As the above posters have mentioned this is to do with Lockpick install. I have a navTV in my other truck and have no issues with that.

psuscott0483
05-29-13, 10:08 AM
I wonder if it would be possible to unhook the part of lockpick that controls the nav. is it 1 of the 3 plugs that goes into the back of the factory unit? could it be left unplugged and just use the factory plug?

48Dodge
05-31-13, 09:18 AM
I had an issue with my lockpick a couple times. First time I disconnected the battery for 15 minutes. Second time I just disconnected the lockpick and reconnected. My gps was showing me about 1/2 block ahead the first time and 1/2 block back the 2nd time. Makes for a lot of missed turns in unknown areas. Everything has been fine for over a year though