: Shift Handle

lasstss
01-21-05, 04:55 PM
By chance, do any of you folks have the part number for the shifter knob/boot combo? Mine didnt make it...

ssmith100
01-21-05, 07:25 PM
lasstss,

I've got it. Let me go dig through my paper work and I'll get it for you.

Need to ask you a question also. I installed my JL amp for my sub today and thought I could possibly get a turn on lead from the XM module..........not there.
Where did you get your turn on signal from?? My Pioneer free air driver that I've had for a while wouldn't fit. To deep to get in the hole tilting every way known to man. Think I'm going to order a Dynaudio MW 180 for the sub. I've got an MW 190 in my Lexus and like the way it sounds. Mounted my amp under the left side of the decklid, everything turned out great. Going to post some pics later.

Shane

lasstss
01-21-05, 08:45 PM
I bought a small amp but got it with an audio trigger input. I only have a hotwire to the amp. When the radio is turned on, the amp gets powered. cool idea.
I guess you will have to find an ignition on lead?

ssmith100
01-21-05, 09:22 PM
Thanks. Turn on shouldn't be a problem.

Part Number is: 25753854 (Knob) Retail: 174.85

Shane

lasstss
01-22-05, 07:15 PM
At long last.. Here is the UUC shifter! It requires disassembly of the OEM unit. Hardware is supplied.
What is obvious is that this is actually short throw not a short stalk shifter. The stalk is the same height. The length below the ball has been increased for more translation with less throw. Bearings have replaced the bushings at the clevis. The stalk is stainless steel as is all of the hardware.

Unfortunately, I cant try it due to the snow. Hopefully next week! It feels crisp in the car. The mount bushings were replaced with urethane.

Florian
01-23-05, 01:46 AM
I must have one!!!! How do I order? do you have the price available yet?

Florian

JOEYCTS-V
01-23-05, 10:31 AM
I'd definitely like to order one too. Keep us updated. :coolgleam

lasstss
01-23-05, 11:09 AM
I will talk with Rob monday. He is probably waiting for me. I just wanted to make sure that there were no clearance issues. It all looks good. Its a question of whether it becomes an exchange or do it yourself unit. The hardest part is drilling out the 2 rivits and replacing them with bolts. That took 5 min to do.

I will see if I can get a price out of him monday!

I unbolted the driveshaft pushed it back & out of the way
(didnt remove it). Supported the trans and removed the cross member. Unbolted the exhaust and lowered it in the front. I then lowered the trans and removed the bolts and clips that hold the shifter. I also removed a solenoid on the left side(one bolt) to make it easier to get at the left clip. Took about an hour. Of course this was on a lift.

wildwhl
01-23-05, 12:40 PM
lasstss -

hard to tell from the pictures, but it appears the isolation mount from the shifter stalk is gone as well? I see (I think) what appears to be a pair of set screws holding the shifter stalk to the shifter itself. If so, does this allow any adjustment of overall stalk height?

Can't wait to hear the driving impressions :bouncy:

lasstss
01-23-05, 03:50 PM
Height is not adjustable, however it has silicone Isolation . You just cant see it. I imagine the stalk could also be made shorter but you start to loose mechanical advantage. 1/2 inch probably wont matter.

jim mitchell
01-25-05, 07:09 PM
At long last.. Here is the UUC shifter! It requires disassembly of the OEM unit. Hardware is supplied.
What is obvious is that this is actually short throw not a short stalk shifter. The stalk is the same height. The length below the ball has been increased for more translation with less throw. Bearings have replaced the bushings at the clevis. The stalk is stainless steel as is all of the hardware.

Unfortunately, I cant try it due to the snow. Hopefully next week! It feels crisp in the car. The mount bushings were replaced with urethane.

Holy bat guano Robin...gotta havit! Sign me up!

lasstss
01-25-05, 08:18 PM
Best is to keep on Rob's tail at UUC. Call him. He has everything he needs at this point. I did have to buy a new shifter & boot as they couldnt get it off the proto stalk.
Thats the price for a little R&D I guess.
To compound matters, I cant drive the car untill I get the Cats back..

wildwhl
01-25-05, 10:25 PM
lasstss -

Thanks for the effort and thanks for being the hearty R&D guy (does that mean guinea pig?). I'm sure this is going to be a perfect solution that we will all appreciate.

So, I'm guessing, if I ever want to put one in I'll be needing a new shifter and boot as well since I can't get mine off :hmm:

lasstss
01-26-05, 12:13 AM
Not necessarily!. I just sent a drawing off to my machinist to fab an aluminum shifter handle that will work with the factory boot. Replacement by the way is $117...from GM.