: 07 SRX Touch Up Paint Question

FI-62
05-28-13, 08:19 AM
I have a 2007 SRX 4 and want to buy touch up paint, I hate going to the dealer and spending upwards of $20.00 for a 1/2 ounce bottle so I want to buy on line. First question is , Where do I find the paint code? I was told it's under the rear compartment lid but I looked around under the rear hatch and didn't see anything. Checked the door jambs and under hood too. Where can I find it?
Second question is, My car is a Light silver color with metallic and I saw one place had a color called "Light Tarnished Silver Metallic" another place called it a metallic gray. What is correct? Thanks Rich

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-28-13, 08:38 AM
I have a 2007 SRX 4 and want to buy touch up paint, I hate going to the dealer and spending upwards of $20.00 for a 1/2 ounce bottle so I want to buy on line. First question is , Where do I find the paint code? I was told it's under the rear compartment lid but I looked around under the rear hatch and didn't see anything. Checked the door jambs and under hood too. Where can I find it?
Second question is, My car is a Light silver color with metallic and I saw one place had a color called "Light Tarnished Silver Metallic" another place called it a metallic gray. What is correct? Thanks Rich

Hello Rich,

If you provide me with your VIN, I am more than happy to look into this for you. You can private message me, if you do not want to post the number publicly.

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

Bob25thTA
05-28-13, 09:15 AM
The label with all the codes on my 07 is under the aft compartment cover.

glake89
05-28-13, 09:45 AM
Paint codes are "WA" numbers, on the 'service parts' label, same place.

conedoctor
05-28-13, 10:37 AM
Your entire post could be taken care of for $20 and 1 trip to the dealer, and I think $20 is high.

"Hi parts guy, here is my VIN I need a touch up paint please"

n7don_srx
05-29-13, 10:41 AM
On the label referenced in previous post... the one with the codes. Look for the line with: BC\CC (base coat\clear coat). The code following BC\CC is the paint code. How much cheaper can you get it using an online vendor?... when you factor in shipping.

conedoctor
05-29-13, 12:06 PM
My paint is a two part system as well, got it from GM for like $14.