Bubba Ho-Tep
05-28-13, 12:07 AM
I'm getting ready to do some mods to the V. My thoughts were:
- short-ram intake (already installed)
- upper pulley
- 160 t-stat
- long-tube headers
- tune

I was questioning doing the headers- does anyone know, roughly, the difference in power with and without headers?

Trapspeed
05-28-13, 07:48 AM
I picked up almost 30 at the wheels with a LT header on a modified LS1 years ago. I know it sounds like apples and oranges...and it is to a degree...but it should give you an idea. I am not sure how much you've researched or know about headers but shorties will act different than long tubes with regard to where you'll see increases in the power spectrum. I don't think you can go wrong with them when paired with other mods properly.

Chrispy
05-28-13, 08:28 AM
With a catless mid pipe you can easily support 800RWHP. With your mod list I think they're unnecessary unless you want to spend about 2K for ~30rwtq. Just my opinion of course but the $$$/performance benefit isn't there for me especially with the stock cam and heads.

thebigjimsho
05-28-13, 12:44 PM
Headers and stock mufflers is the best sound on a V. I bought headers just for that reason...

Stillborn
05-28-13, 02:07 PM
with headers and upper pulley you will need injectors. there's another 800-1000 on your budget list.

thebigjimsho
05-29-13, 11:27 AM
Then do a HB pulley. Won't need injectors, then...